Los Angeles, CA, USA
Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Part-Time Upper School Latin Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a part time Upper School Latin teacher, to begin in August of 2019. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in the classics or an applicable field.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
Teach two sections of Upper School Latin
Make Latin meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
Communicate with students and parents as necessary
Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the World Languages Department
Utilize educational technology throughout instruction and course work
Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
Commitment to equity and inclusion
A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com . Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Upper School Administrative Assistant 100 S. Barrington Place Los Angeles, CA 90049 firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY, USA
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion-based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
Reporting to the Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance (MQAC), the Quality and Compliance Coordinator (QCC) performs a critical role within the Risk Management, Compliance and Quality Assurance Department (RMCQA), which works to uphold AFS-USA’s designation as a Sponsor of J-1 Visa programs from the Department of State and as a grantee of government-sponsored programs. The QCC works to ensure that standards and regulations set by the Department of State (DoS), Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET), and AFS International are consistently met by staff and volunteers. QCCs are responsible for developing and managing reports, tools, and training materials used in tracking compliance with key regulations. Each QCC is assigned to work with specific Area Teams across the country and has specialized tasks within the RMCQA department.
1. Have a thorough understanding of DoS regulations, CSIET standards and AFS policies and procedures and commit to ensuring that AFS remains in compliance at all times.
2. Monitor Area Teams’ progress in completing and reporting the required hosted student and host family monthly contacts and in-home visits. Work with Team Development Specialists on an ongoing basis to identify areas for improvement and develop best practices.
3. Provide a secondary level review of host family applications, ensuring each host family meets DoS, CSIET and AFS requirements for hosting a foreign exchange student.
4. Work closely with Hosting Operations staff throughout the host family screening process, both prior to students coming on program and as students move families while on program, to ensure adherence to all regulations, stands and policies.
5. Help develop and conduct training programs for AFS staff and volunteers related to compliance issues.
6. Ensure AFS staff, volunteers and host families are informed in a timely fashion of any updates or changes to the DoS and CSIET regulations and/or AFS policies and standards.
7. Work with Customer Experience & Program Innovation staff to ensure that all new AFS-USA programs are developed and operate in compliance with all pertinent standards and regulations.
1. Serve as a member of the Risk Management, Compliance, and Quality Assurance team, including attending staff meetings, Compliance Advisory Group calls, trainings and other duties as required.
2. Provide timely and accurate responses or information to volunteers and staff on compliance-related inquiries.
3. Assist with the Department of State Management Review audit, CSIET audit and other outside data requests and reports.
4. Work with Sponsored Programs staff to ensure the compliance requirements of grant programs are being met.
5. Work with international AFS partners to ensure completion of Partner Verification Worksheets (PVWs).
6. Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of department and individual risk management plans.
7. Collaborate with IT staff to update and address issues with compliance-related reports, databases and website functions and develop new tools for tracking and improving compliance.
8. Ensure that RMCQA websites, process documents and other compliance-related resources and materials are up to date and shared with appropriate staff and volunteers.
9. Collaborate with Hosting Operations staff on a yearly review and update of the Host Family Online Application, as well as report or database projects related to host family screening, as needed.
1. Maintain and update records for all participants in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) in accordance with all federal regulations.
2. Coordinate and maintain batch SEVIS update system to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
3. Serve as an ARO (Alternate Responsible Officer) and issue DS-2019 forms for participants as needed.
4. Assist with preparation of required placement reports to the DoS.
Monitoring and Reporting
1. Provide field staff and management with weekly reports on individual Area Teams’ performance across a variety of compliance test points.
2. Compile semi-annual reports for staff and volunteers that acts as an assessment of how well Area Teams are complying with various DoS regulations, CSIET standards and AFS policies.
3. Collaborate with appropriate staff to develop and implement reports and procedures for tracking orientation attendance for arriving inbound participants and for host families prior to the arrival of their students.
4. Assist Sponsored Programs and Participant Support staff in conducting in-home monitoring visits with host families and students. Write up Site Visit reports and share with appropriate staff to ensure any needed follow-up is completed.
5. Work closely with Participant Support staff and field staff to identify volunteer breaches of compliance regulations, ensure that feedback is given, and determine appropriate sanctions when compliance regulations and AFS standards are compromised.
6. Work with Participant Support and field staff to closely monitor placements RMCQA staff have flagged in the host family screening process and follow-up as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of related work experience
Valid driver’s license
Commitment to the mission of AFS Intercultural Programs
Cross-cultural experience preferred
Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Well-organized and able to manage multiple priorities and shifting deadlines
Ability to work independently and under pressure
Excellent written and verbal communication, including telephone and email etiquette
Strong analytical problem-solving skills
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office application, particularly Excel
Experience with PowerBI preferred
Experience with SEVIS preferred
It is the policy of AFS-USA to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law) predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation.
New York, NY, USA
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Quality Assurance Assistant’s job responsibilities are to assist in the daily management of host family screening. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: secondary review of host family applications to ensure adherence to AFS-USA’s acceptance criteria, AFS International standards and US Department of State Exchange Visitor regulations, as well as CSIET Standards; tracking and communicating discrepancies to other AFS staff and following up as needed; and other administrative tasks as required.
Review host family applications for completeness and compliance with relevant standards, regulations and acceptance criteria and coordinate with relevant staff, volunteers and applicants to ensure completeness, obtain relevant clarification or additional screening steps as appropriate.
Communicate any concerns or issues regarding placement quality to the appropriate Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinator and/or the Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance.
Assist with follow-up to field staff and weekly compliance statistic reporting.
Assist with compilation and recording of Quality Assessment data.
Support the Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinators and/or Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance in following up on and obtaining information for secondary reviews.
Assist RMCQA staff with other duties as needed.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Ability to manage multiple priorities under multiple deadlines
Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Ability to work with confidential information in an appropriate manner
Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
POSITION DURATION: May to October, with potential to convert to permanent
Salary Requirements & Benefits
The Quality Assurance Assistant’s hourly pay range is $15.00 per hour. A typical work week is 35 hours with flexibility for overtime hours given the workload. This is a temporary position lasting up to six months, with potential to convert to permanent.
The Quality Assurance Assistant may have the opportunity to travel and assist at airport events for student arrivals/departures.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (OBGYN)
Chicago, IL, USA
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine seeks a full-time tenure track Investigator at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. This position will have an emphasis on fetal, placental and reproductive tract research. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain an energetic, well-funded research program; engage in interdisciplinary and collaborative research, and teach undergraduate and graduate level courses.
Successful candidate will have completed a doctorate in biology from a credentialed institution and will have academic qualifications and experience. Substantial experience in fetal, placental and reproductive tract research is preferred. Candidates interested in questions that can be translated to human pregnancy concerns including recurrent pregnancy loss, intrauterine growth retardation, pre-eclampsia and the feto-placental-immune system are encouraged. Broad approaches including physiological, molecular, functional genomics, epigenetic are encouraged.
The start date is negotiable and the position will remain open until filled.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Associate Professor/Professor (Search ID:): 445
Applications and letter of interest accepted here: Click on APPLY NOW below
Dr. Serdar Bulun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Feinberg School of Medicine
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.