LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Monday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with rotating Saturday schedule from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Flexibility required to include other day and/or weekend hours as necessary.
MINIMUM STARTING RATE OF PAY*: $19.91/hour
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about the College, enrollment, student finance, financial aid, appointments, etc.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about College services.
- Maintain record of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Create student accounts, enroll students, and update student information using the student information system.
- Schedule students to meet with advisors and greet them upon arrival.
- Update information system and other resources to maintain log of frequently asked questions. Utilize references to resolve customer inquiries.
- Determine charges for services requested; collect payment or arrange for billing.
- Assist students in understanding the financial aid process and in completion of required documentation.
- Assist students in understanding program requirements and in applying to a program.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of students by conducting telephone surveys, responding to internet requests for more information, and by participating in live chat communications.
- Assist students in establishing and navigating through a self-service account.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Flexibility - Ability to adjust to changes as necessary.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related-related problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: Two years related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, Instant Messaging, electronic calendar system and data management system (PeopleSoft preferred).
Bilingual – fluent English and Spanish.
Ability to type 30 words per minute with 95 percent accuracy.
Call Center, General-Other: Customer Support-Client Care, Translation-Interpretation, Continuing-Adult, Academic Admissions and Advising