This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers. The focus of the instruction for this position is helpdesk/customer support and networking.
Essential Job Functions
Qualifications, Training and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is required; Master's Degree preferred.
2. Three to five years of recent work experience outside the field of education working in a Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, Network Engineer, Virtualization Engineer, Help Desk, Service Desk or Support Desk environment.
3. Certification in one or more of the following highly desirable: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Citrix Certified Associate (CCA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Associate - Security, Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist, MCSA: Windows Server, COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA Network+, COMPTIA Security+, MCSE: Private Cloud, ITIL Foundation or HDI.
4. Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
5. Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
1. Ability to support and work within a team environment.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of appropriate related agencies and personnel.
3. Ability to update instructional methods and materials and apply research studies in classroom, and lab settings.
4. Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with students, staff, and others.
6. Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
7. Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
8. Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
9. Demonstrates ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities. Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of environments and personnel.
10. Ability to teach effectively utilizing a variety of instructional methodologies including lecture, lab work, hands on instruction, and other instructional methods.
11. Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
12. Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of the students and the college.
13. Ability to express sensitivity and empathy to the individual needs of students.
14. Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
15. Ability to develop course materials and assessments of student learning.
16. Promotes an educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
17. Ability to develop course materials and assessments of student learning.
18. Accepts responsibility for professional and personal growth. Complete professional development and in-service activities in accordance with college standards and maintains expertise in subject area.
19. Models a commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.