The Communications & Social Media Coordinator (CSMC) is responsible for administering and coordinating The Hunt Institute’s social media accounts and digital presence. The CSMC will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts, and responding to followers. The CSMC will support The Institute’s messaging in a cohesive way to achieve our branding goals. The CSMC is expected to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends and should have excellent communication skills and be able to express The Institute’s message creatively.
This position will include thoughtful, consistent collaboration with the Communications & Marketing Manager (CMM) and Graphic Designer as it relates to the production and dissemination of high-quality state and national publications, new media strategies, marketing materials, and overall brand management to support The Institute’s strategic plan. The CSMC will report to the CMM.
- Oversee The Hunt Institute’s online social media efforts including The Institute’s blog, the Intersection, as well as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube platforms.
- Develop, implement, and support The Hunt Institute’s social media strategy.
- Write and schedule content for online social media accounts working closely with staff to identify content, amplify messaging, and strategically utilize The Institute’s network (i.e. partners, Board of Directors, HK Fellows Advisory Board, HK Fellows) to reinforce efforts.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Track and collect data that evaluates communications activities including social media, email and website analytics, creating measurement reports and offering recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization.
- Collaborate with the CMM and Graphic Designer to ensure brand consistency across social media and marketing materials/platforms.
- Support the CMM with crafting of high-quality internal and external written materials, including, but not limited to press releases, media advisories, op-eds, letters to the editor, newsletters, and targeted marketing materials.
- Support Graphic Designer as needed in development of materials.
- BA in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field;
- Three-five years of relevant professional communications experience;
- Experience and proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress, and MailChimp (or similar email automation program);
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Robust understanding of building, managing, and improving a brand;
- Deep knowledge of the latest trends in social media and marketing;
- Ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as superior attention to detail;
- Meticulous editing skills with knowledge of AP and APA styles;
- Creative and critical thinking;
- Experience with analytics and measurement tools;
- Ability to anticipate, manage, and resolve conflicts; and
- Independence and self-confidence to act decisively and, at the same time, an ability to receive, integrate, and translate others’ ideas and suggestions.
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS/Java Script;
- Knowledge of state and national P-16 education policy and North Carolina landscape;
- Resourcefulness and good judgment;
- Leadership by example;
- The value of diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach;
- Constant seeking to apply best practices;
- Willingness to work collaboratively and consider new ideas; and
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, financial stability, and success.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At the Hunt Institute, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
To apply, please submit cover letter, along with a résumé or CV, to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name - Communications & Social Media Coordinator.” Position is open until filled. No phone calls, please.