Lead and manage assigned claim support staff, workflows, and processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness as it relates to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and work force planning.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervisor/manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
- Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
- Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation, for staff.
- Performance management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
- Work force management to include unit equipment, software and space needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendations.
- Manage workflow of Claim Support tasks which may include but are not limited to: internal and external claim assignment, claim set-up processes, payments, vendor adds, Medical Bill Provider tasks, check handling, document handling, ISO reporting, Medicare reporting, W9/1099 reporting, Claims switchboard and administrative calls. Oversee and ensure timely and accurate work product is completed by assigned direct reports.
- Create and execute quality program to include timeliness and accuracy. Establish standards for the team and individual contributors. Perform quality review on tasks managed in work group. Measure and communicate results to team and individual contributors. Communicate overall timeliness to Claims Management.
- Create and execute productivity program. Establish standards for individual contributors. Perform quality review on tasks managed in work group. Communicate results to team and individual contributors.
- Partner with other claims units to continuously improve, maximize efficiencies, and document processes. Constantly seek opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure superior customer service to both internal and external customers is delivered. Resolve escalated customer concerns through appropriate channels.
- Provide feedback, coach, and mentor team and individual contributors to attain department and personal professional development goals.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages and principles.
- General knowledge of compliance standards and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple workflows, coordinate required activities, establish team priorities, and complete required tasks timely.
- Ability to recognize potential improvements/efficiencies and be a change agent for the department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and information in formal and informal settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to perform in a fast-paced environment and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft products.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Equivalent education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an insurance or customer service industry is required, preferably in a property/casualty insurance company.
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred.
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.