Supervisory IT Specialist (Security), CM-2210-02 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization (CIOO)
Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO)
Governance, Risk, and Compliance Section (GRCS)
Duty Location: Virginia Square
Number of Vacancies: 1
Open Period: 8/10/18 – 8/23/18
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Federal Employees; Veterans
JOB LINK: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507621900
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All US Citizens
JOB LINK: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507621600
- Directs the daily operations of the Governance, Risk, and Compliance Section.
- Reviews authorization and assurance documents to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system, and network.
- Directs the Security Awareness and Training Program which provides security awareness and training to users, management, system developers, system managers, and information security officers.
- Promotes awareness of cyber policy and strategy as appropriate among management and ensures sound principles are reflected in the organization's mission, vision, and goals.
- Directs the Security Monitoring and Reporting Program which provides an on-going review and assessment of the security posture of FDIC's information environments and resources and reports of conditions that form the basis for corrective action.
- Directs the Access Administration program which includes activities associated with requesting, approving, and granting user access to CIO organization (CIOO)-managed information environments and resources (e.g., LAN, mainframe, databases, and applications).
- Directs the Information Security Management Program which provides overall guidance and direction for divisional information Security Managers (ISMs) within FDIC. The program is designed to increase the effectiveness of the Corporation's cybersecurity risk management program by ensuring an enterprise-wide approach to information security and privacy. ISMs serve as advisors throughout the Corporation to leverage security management tools and technical expertise.
- Develops or provides input to planning, budget, security, configuration, and problem management processes related to security operations activities.