NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
About the Partner Accounts, Program Management Team….
NWEA’s Partner Accounts group is comprised of over 150 professionals whose mission is to reach state and local education agencies with our products and services. Structured in strategic teams, the Partner Accounts group is comprised of several teams including Major Accounts, Standard Accounts, State & Federal Government Accounts, National Accounts, International Accounts, Specialty Accounts, Sales Operations, Proposals team and Program Management. This role joins the Program Management team.
The Program Management team is responsible for the vision and communication surrounding the execution of all program components. With demonstrated knowledge in project and program management, this team leverages tact and organization to ensure the program deliverables stay aligned with the expectations of our stakeholders. The right candidate will join a successful, cohesive team of professionals with a proven track record. We currently have 16 full-time members of the Program Management External team, comprised of dedicated PMP-certified and program-focused individuals located across the United States. They are dedicated to both the partners we serve and the work that we do and strive for excellence and raising the bar in delivery of our products and services. They are collaborators, problem-solvers, leaders and strong communicators. The Program Management External Team is responsible for leading the contracts for our largest partners at the State and District levels.
About this role….
You will be responsible for designing, planning, budgeting and implementing complex, strategic and/or large-scope activities. You will manage to a contracted budget and will help to drive additional revenue through their understanding of customer needs/organizational goals. You will be responsible for utilizing strong external as well as internal communication skills and an understanding of the educational services market in this role. This role will be responsible for leading and influencing internal and external partners, including key accounts and senior management.
In this role, you are an individual contributor leading cross functional teams, working with team members across most departments. You will be responsible for leading and influencing internal and external partners, including key accounts and senior management. This position works closely with the Account Executive and Account Manager.
As a Senior Program Manager, your key areas of work will include creating a shared vision and overall strategy for the program in collaboration with the Account Owner, facilitating cross functional team work and communication, communicating with the partner, and utilizing program management best practices. You will keep senior management informed of potential risks, missed deadlines, budget overruns, or partner dissatisfaction.
• Demonstrated program management skills, including managing large and complex contracts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to lead matrixed teams
• Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated presentation experience and professional demeanor
• Must possess passion for education, servant leader attitude, willing to learn new information quickly and apply to program and advocate for partner. Seeks out information to ensure complete program. Embodies NWEA core values.
• Define, plan and manage the program from end to end. Identify members of program team. Inform and guide project teams in order to coordinate program deliverables.
• Coordinate status of projects into program reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including custom contractual reports. Hold face to face status meetings with supporting documentation as appropriate.
• Candidates can work from any location
• Must have the ability to travel, up to 35%
Traits for success…
• Communicates effectively and with a high level of professionalism. Clear, direct and crisp communication to program stakeholders. Gathers enough detail to make decisions about what information to share, how much detail to provide and when is most appropriate to share.
• Fully understand complex program schedule, have a system to track and follow up on outstanding items so nothing falls through the cracks. Remains focused on all activities and how they come together.
• Ability to identify and understand how to best communicate with different internal teams. Modify communication style based on audience. Demonstrated skill in working tactfully and sensitively with partners.
• Ability to produce thorough, complete, and timely documentation, including agendas, meeting notes, status reports, contract reporting and customized partner content. Create partner facing and program team communications. Establish and maintain program documentation in Share Point Site.
• Ability to organize time effectively, determine priorities, and move work forward. Prioritize meetings to fit partner and organization needs outside of time zone. Ability to prioritize partner requests and deliverables considering internal time/resource constraints.
• If a remote worker; ability to be a self-starter and manage work from a remote location and while traveling. Confidence using technology to lead effective meetings. Ability to make connections over the phone, establish relationships in the organization. Must have dedicated office space.
• Ability to embrace and lead change in a growing organization
Education and experience…
• Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or MA in relevant field, or equivalent combination of
• education and experience, is preferred
• PMP required
• Familiarity with NWEA products and services preferred
• Strong knowledge of the K–12 education market, including assessment requirements
• Minimum 5 years practical experience in program management with demonstrated results
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite; MS Project required
• Experience in using Salesforce preferred
• Successful experience working directly with senior-level stakeholders
• Proven success managing and delivering against large, high-risk contracts and programs
• Successful experience managing large scale budgets
• Experience working with on-line, secure delivery systems
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website.