Under the direct supervision of the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing, the Associate Director of Marketing will be responsible for project managing and executing on a wide array of marketing initiatives designed to raise visibility and recruit prospective students to the online school. The Associate Director of Marketing will oversee our creative team, and work closely with stakeholders across the college to execute multi-faceted quarterly and annual marketing plans that support our core educational products: online courses, certificate programs, undergraduate degree programs, and the forthcoming launch of online graduate degree programs.
The Associate Director of Marketing will manage three direct reports, including a senior graphic designer, a senior copywriter/editor, and a social media and events manager. S/he will be responsible for project managing the creation of print collateral, site copy, email and landing page content, marketing video projects, and lead acquisition and promotional campaigns. S/he will work with the creative team to oversee branding, images, and messaging, and will provide creative direction for all public facing outlets. A successful candidate will possess exceptional writing and project management skills, and a strong attention to detail.
The person in this role will also work closely with the Director of User Experience on all site-related marketing and usability initiatives, and with the Associate Director of Video Strategy on all marketing-related video projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes on the marketing vision and strategy set forth by the VP for Enrollment Marketing and Management and the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing
- Manages the trafficking and routing of all creative and marketing projects to ensure efficient, high-quality execution and the necessary approval of key stakeholders prior to project delivery.
- Oversees the creation of collateral, site copy, email copy, and all other marketing outreach. Ensures accuracy and consistency with site copy, email copy, print, and online advertising initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing to create and execute on marketing plans, nurture existing business development relationships, and identify other business development opportunities.
- Manages the tracking of Berklee Online’s marketing budget/
- Unifies branding and provides consistent creative direction across all public-facing outlets.
- Communicates design decisions and prioritization of marketing projects to management team and stakeholders from a data-driven point of view.
- Collaborates with Berklee campus departments, including Enrollment Marketing and the Office of External Affairs, to maintain the visual consistency and alignment of Berklee Online with the rest of the college.
- Leads a number of wide-ranging initiatives and projects including early enrollment promotional programs, Berklee Onsite (our annual on-campus conference), event sponsorship with partner companies, and more.
- Manages relationships and workflow with external consultants and agencies.
- Works closely with the Berklee Online video team to identify opportunities for marketing video production and distribution.
- Works closely with our marketing automation team to create compelling lead nurture campaigns to our leads and students.
- Works closely with the user experience team on all site-related marketing and usability initiatives.