Job ID: 69856BR
Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posted Date: March 13, 2017 Apply
Keep Me In Mind The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the execution of all shipments to customers. This position ensures the quality and productivity of the shipping department, which includes: on time delivery (DIFOT), a safe working environment, sustaining existing processes and products and compliance with existing policies and procedures in order to achieve our company goals and objectives. This position provides work direction and manages the performance of direct reports.
This is a day shift position with typical hours from 7 am – 4 pm. The hours may vary based on operational demands. May be expected to arrive early or stay late to ensure daily requirements are met. On a few occasions, weekend work may be required.
- Tracks daily cost with the input of hours worked towards the output of production.
- Presents daily performance metrics at plant meetings and responds to performance inquiries.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedure to ensure on time delivery.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, and performance management of shipping personnel.
- Interprets, and in some cases prepares reports for quality, productivity, efficiency, and inventory.
- Prepares documents to comply with government regulations on all shipments using HazMat.
- Contacts appropriate carriers for pick-ups. Tracks shipments per customer expectations and procedures using appropriate systems.
- Reports immediately to management any and all problems, which may affect safety, equipment, tooling and quality.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Maintains a cohesive and engaged workforce, and helps resolve employee relations issues.
- Tracks employee attendance records and counsels employees as appropriate.
- Attends meetings, and engages with other departments to resolve operational deficiencies.
- Maintains clear communication & close co-operation with Customer Service, Materials Planning, Manufacturing, & Receiving.
- Conducts housekeeping inspections to ensures a clean and organized work environment
- Coordinates operational redesign projects to improve performance & meet customer needs.
- Implements Lean concepts & practices.
- Assists in developing site logistics budget with a focus on continuously improving year over year performance against metrics.
- Supervises logistics activities related to transportation, logistics planning, order processing & customer service. Performs routine shipping duties and picks orders on as needed basis.
- Communicates standard logistics metrics to direct reports. Resolves quality, service & cost issues.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills in past positions.
- Able to create a clear vision and think strategically.
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to influence people and teams to achieve successful results.
- Exhibits high credibility and trustworthiness to co-workers, customers and to the company.
- Consistent decision-making with an ability to define, improve, and organize people around the process.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Tenacity in overcoming obstacles while maintaining productive and positive working relationships.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute in a rapidly changing fast paced environment that requires strong teamwork.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the capacity to learn new systems.
- Skill in performing accurate arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; using decimals, percentages, fractions, and ratios.
- Ability to utilize a WMS system (SAP)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of logistics experience supervising or leading a team in a warehouse environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading a team in a warehouse environment, preferably in a high-SKU (500 – 1000 SKU) logistics network
- SAP Knowledge
Physical and Mental Requirements:
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee must have sufficient manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, copier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Position requires a normal range of hearing and eyesight as well as the ability to communicate with other employees. This position requires standing for extended periods and some bending and stretching is required. The employee must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee works in a typical open-air warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low-moderate. Position may require potential exposure to mechanical hazards, and heat (summer time).
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.