Temporary-long term assignment
Advertising Project Coordinator
- Hourly rate $24-$27 based on experience
- Description of Job Duties & Required Skills
- Miami/Brickell Downtown Area
- On-site Mon-Fri
- Paid Parking
- Free Gym Access
- Company Medical Insurance is not provided
Advertising Project Coordinator
The purpose of this job is to provide comprehensive strategic support to the Marketing & Tourism Department under the direct guidance of the Vice President of Marketing and Tourism & the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to achieve a broad range of company objectives in an extremely dynamic environment. This position serves a key role in coordinating internal efforts with GMCVB leadership and externally with high-profile community stakeholders. It requires strong collaboration with all team members, highly professional judgement and confidentiality when needed. This position also provides project management and administrative support to the overall Marketing & Tourism Department as assigned.
Responsibilities during the current GMCVB tourism recovery efforts are focused primarily on supporting the Advertising efforts as follows:
- Works with VP, Marketing & Tourism, and advertising agencies to design effective co-op advertising programs that attract partner commitment.
- Creates sales presentations and commitment forms for GMCVB co-op programs, disseminates program details to partners, collects commitments, coordination of program creative assets between participating partners and agencies, proofing of creative and invoicing of partners.
- Interfaces with Content team to coordinate promotion and special offers for partner programs as well as create and deploy marketing program communication with partners.
- Processes all department invoices to ensure expenses are attributed to correct budgets, maintaining budget forecasts and expense tracking, as well periodic reconciliation of reports with the accounting system.
- Prepare and summarize departmental activities in Powerpoint presentations and Executive/Board Reports using information from agency and staff reports.
- Creates and updates performance reports containing marketing activity and KPIs/metrics.
- Composes and distributes correspondence and other written communications.
- Utilizes the GMCVB’s research data subscription tool, ADARA to monitor impressions, bookings and overall impacts of GMCVB campaigns.
- Fields and routes inquiries from advertising representatives and GMCVB stakeholders
- Ensures that new assets captured through photo shoots, and video production are part of the GMCVB in-house Digital Library (photos, videos, digital files, etc.)
- Assists in or coordinates planning of meetings and major events by scheduling locations and services, setting up conference calls, preparing agendas, inviting attendees, distributing communications, and set-up arrangements.
- Interacts with advertising agencies, fulfillment houses, publications, printers, and industry partners.
- Completes expense reports for Advertising & Marketing department.
- Monitors brochure call center functions and expenses.
- Monitors promotional item inventory levels, fulfillment, and restocking.
Required Education and Experience:
- AA degree or 2 years’ college coursework.
- Minimum of 5 years of High-Level Executive Assistant/Project Management experience.
- Advanced level in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Act-On marketing automation platform.
- Ability to multitask to provide administrative support to other directors within the department as needed.
- Knowledge of workplace processes, methods.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills to interact positively with co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, analyze and resolve office administrative and procedural problems under pressure.
- Effective listening and spoken communication skills including spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work independently, self-disciplined, initiative and a self-starter.
- Punctual, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to be available early or late on scheduled Committee Meeting dates; able to check and respond to emails/texts after hours & weekends as needed.
- Professional demeanor for frequent interaction with customers in person, via telephone and email.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Job requires sitting at a computer for long periods of time. Dexterity is essential for typing and data entry.
- Verbal communication is required to respond to customers.
- Work is performed under minimal supervision and requires independent judgment.
Qualified applicants should email resume to I. Evangelista at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Opportunity Employer