The 1199SEIU Training & Employment Funds provide education and job training programs for over 40,000 unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. Our mission is to develop high quality training, placement and labor-management initiatives. We also aim to develop the ability of union and management to problem-solve difficult issues and to create innovative healthcare solutions.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst for our Department of Program Administration department.
- Assist with the management of $200 million budget, including both collective bargaining and grant-funding
- Research analytical trends and lead ongoing assessment of business processes and practices
- Provide analysis of budgets and assist in the preparation of Department of Operations collective bargaining finances, grants and related financial reports; reconcile accounts on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the Supportive Services Division (SSD) Finance Team, providing comprehensive financial information on collective bargaining and grant budgets for budget reporting, reconciliation and auditing purposes
- Manage relationships with internal and external auditors, and support team overseeing internal and external audits
- Support the Assistant Director in coordinating the preparation and filing of required government and funder reports
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum three (3) years job related experience with strong knowledge of general accounting principles required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill level required
- Knowledge of working with audits and project management skills preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial management best practices and data management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask under deadline pressure; ability to maintain confidential information and handle sensitive issues
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues.
For consideration and to apply, please click on the visit us at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=8507. Please mention you saw this ad on Minority Professional Network. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.