NOTE: This position may offer full-time remote work for a well-qualified candidate.
Have you made a career out of staying one step ahead of thoughtful and well-resourced cyber adversaries through your own critical thinking skills?
Does your dream job exist at the intersection of critical mission and technology?
Is your primary talent getting useful information into the hands of those that need it?
The Cyber Threat Intelligence team at a major U.S. energy company seeks an experienced cybersecurity professional to augment our group in a technical analyst role. The candidate will directly support the company’s efforts to mitigate real and potential cyber threats to the company’s facilities, personnel, technology, operations, and brand – including critical electric and gas utility infrastructure.
Our Fortune 500 Confidential Client’s Cyber Threat Intelligence team is looking for someone with demonstrable success in analyzing and reporting on cyber threats. Proactively understanding the global threat landscape as it manifests on our networks and against our operational assets guides the company in its responses to these threats. The Cyber Threat Intelligence team works across the spectrum on the most challenging, complicated, and persistent security risks the company is facing. In this senior analyst role, the potential for individual impact is substantial and has high visibility within the corporate leadership and governance.
Interested applicants should have a rigorous analytical background with experience in quantitative analysis including trending, data-driven decision making, risk analysis, and formal intelligence product creation. Qualified candidates will also possess a professional understanding of nation state cyber operations/technology/objectives and will have demonstrated results working in a cybersecurity organization at a large commercial company. The successful candidate must be focused on results and a self-starter.
- Identify and investigate cyber actors with the interest and capability to target the Confidential Client, its employees, vendors, and affiliates
- Track high priority threats to identify trends, adversarial tactics, the effectiveness of countermeasures, etc. for both the IT and ICS/SCADA environments
- Publish the results of your start-to-finish technical investigations, including effectively communicating actionable results to varied audiences
- Provide expertise to continually refine intelligence gaps, requirements, capabilities, and process improvements
- Mentor less-experienced team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of work experience in cybersecurity
- Four or more years of full-time experience researching, investigating, and tracking threat actors and threat groups, including nation-state
- Proven ability to draft and publish high-quality technical and business-risk reports, studies, and blogs
- Experience with intelligence analysis and analytic tradecraft
- Working knowledge of IP networking and services
- Foundational knowledge of modern operating system concepts
- Experience analyzing computer and network data and logs to uncover threats and indicators of compromise
- Understanding of link-node analysis methods and software tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, and data breach incidents
- Experience prioritizing and executing with minimal direction or oversight
- Experience working with peers across the cybersecurity community
- Strong desire to work at the intersection of cybersecurity and critical infrastructure systems
- Prior experience as a cyber threat intelligence analyst or special agent for FBI, USCC, DHS, DoD or equivalent cyber investigations agency or public company as an incident responder, penetration tester, or SOC/CERT analyst
- Familiarity with nation state, sophisticated criminal, and supply chain threats
- Data science or analytics experience including aggregating, manipulating, examining, mining, exporting, reporting, and visualizing threat intelligence and incident logs
- Familiarity with Splunk and MISP
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance
- Desire to apply understanding of IT cyber threats to map global cyber security risks to the energy sector and to industrial control systems
- Industry certifications such as: GCIH, GCTI, OSCP, GCFA, GCIA, GPEN, GREM, GNFA, GRID
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A world-class team whose foundational values are collaboration and excellence
- Endless challenges and learning opportunities
- The freedom and independence to let your talents shine