The Operations & Commercial Technology team’s focus on behalf of our Fortune 500 Company Confidential Client is on data management, process automation, reporting & analytics & software development.
Job Experience & Education
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or another relevant academic discipline.
- Four or more years of professional IT experience.
- Three or more years of database administration or data management experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, competitive information technology organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience assembling and implementing solutions for system integration, data interface, data management, data analysis, and visualization and reporting. Including but not limited to the following:
- Managing data across enterprise class database technologies - SQL Server, Oracle, HDFS (Cloudera Hadoop), Denodo, and other on-premise and cloud-based data and information management systems.
- Integrating and accessing data, both on-premise and from the cloud, using tools like SSIS, Informatica, APIs, Kafka, etc.
- Analyzing data and deriving new insights using tools like Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Visualizing and reporting on data using tools like SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, etc.
- Ability to manage, organize, and clean data effectively and efficiently, while reducing manual reporting and data redundancy.
- Highly versed in analytic methodologies and modeling.
- Strong data modeling skills and understanding of data warehouse design techniques.
- Understand the difference between data and information with the ability to articulate the difference.
- Use data visualization skills and tools to analyze, package, and communicate reports to the business partners.
- The ability to demonstrate the integration of heterogeneous data (information silos) under a single query interface.
- Strong understanding of application development practices and enterprise design.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Partner with business and technology subject matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into data and analytic solutions.
- The ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology, software, data, information & analytics.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate for the audience.
- Capable of building productive relationships with teammates and business partners focused on teamwork and cooperation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and capable of managing time and priorities to effectively respond to emerging needs and meet upcoming deadlines and commitments.
- Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
- The ability to build a comprehensive understanding of and strategically connect the needs of multiple business areas.
- Takes personal ownership of career development, maintaining relevant technical expertise.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, solving problems and providing solutions for business partners that are self service oriented including educating users on benefits, influencing and ensuring adoption.
- Capable of identifying and implementing technical and business orientated process improvements.
- Have demonstrated the ability to dive deep into data to find problems or trends.
- Familiar with modern software development, source control and change management methodologies.
- Strong customer service skills with the capability to manage expectations, fulfill commitments and meet project deadlines.
- The ability to understand and practice appropriate data & software development standards to meet business requirements and to ensure that consistent frameworks are applied across the company.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups. A demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, often solving problems and providing solutions for business partners, but more frequently equipping them or others with the knowledge and necessary tools for self-sufficiency.
- Opportunistic Drive - Committed to delivering technology solutions that help our company achieve its business imperatives and driven to identify opportunities to do so within the solutions, information and data we’re stewards of.
- Positive Can-Do Attitude – Must be willing to take full responsibility for duties and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Self-Starter – Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
- Results-Oriented – Acts with speed and decisiveness; takes initiative does what it takes to meet commitments.
- Safety Focused – Accepts responsibility for the safety of yourself and co-workers.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques in the market; Looks for opportunities improve through strategy and innovation.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The foundation for much of what we do is data. Operational data, that helps us optimize the operation of our facilities. Commercial data, that supplies us insights on how best to position our assets within the markets they operate in. Data from markets, data from third parties, data that is both structured and unstructured, but data that when assembled together provides our company the information necessary to achieve a strategic advantage. Data and information that when managed effectively is easily accessible for reports, advanced analytics and increasingly data science.
The Data Analytics Analyst is responsible for detailed data analysis, data modeling and requirements mapping, ETL design and development, and BI solution development including presentation layer delivery. The Analyst also works closely with Data Architects within the organization to ensure that new analytics solutions align with the enterprise data management strategy. This includes identification of the true source of data, reducing data duplication and focus on increased integration of data across business units. This also includes increasing data quality, compliance, and governance. Additional responsibilities include consulting with partners on their business needs, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interfacing with the partners and other Technology team members to build custom business intelligence solutions. The analyst can analyze and troubleshoot issues that arise within BI and analytics toolsets and the enterprise infrastructure supporting these solutions.
How to Apply:
For more information or to apply, click on the "APPLY NOW" button or email email@example.com or call 404-629-9323.
About Our Confidential Client:
Our Company Confidential Client is a leading U.S. wholesale energy provider meeting the electricity needs of municipalities, electric cooperatives, investor-owned utilities, and commercial and industrial customers. Our Company Confidential Client's fleet utilizes a diverse portfolio of technologies – natural gas, wind, solar, battery storage and fuel cells.