Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager, R20061
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: -Exempt
Division: Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Job Number: R20061
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
Under the direction of the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (VP-DEI) and in direct partnership with Vice President of Human Resources (VP-HR), the DEI Program Manager position is responsible to assisting with the fostering of a welcoming, safe, nondiscriminatory, and harassment-free educational, living, and working environment for all members of the College community. The role is expected to identify training needs, choose training methods, facilitate training and team-building activities, and coach advocates.
The DEI Program Manager will manage and coordinate the College's designated DEI Advocates. The position will engage faculty, staff, and students to build a welcoming and inclusive culture at Bellevue College; conduct and coordinate investigations and monitor student-to-student discrimination complaints; provide counseling, technical assistance, compliance, and training as needed, in matters related to equity, inclusion, diversity; conduct compliance reviews, prepare reports and plans; and proactively develops and implements plans, programs, and activities that educate and motivate the college community to hold pluralism and inclusion as core values and fosters a climate that respects diversity.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $57,000. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) advances the mission of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Bellevue College by developing increasing representation, involvement, and professional/personal development of students and employees. The ODEI is responsible for facilitating organizational change and fostering as supportive environment that increases opportunities for discussion and learning.
DEI Training and Development
• In collaboration with HR, recommend, develop, implement and deliver on-going training, education material, resource guide, and communication related to DEI policy and procedure.
• Plan and conduct a needs assessment, report findings and recommendations.
• Identify and track information of progress; macro and micro-goals and objectives and plans.
• Collaborate with resources internal and external to Bellevue College identify, develop, and deliver DEI.
• Develop and monitor spending against the departmental budget.
• Obtain and develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
• Gather feedback from trainers and trainees. Conduct follow-up studies of all completed DEI trainings to evaluate and measure results. Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization and modify DEI trainings programs as needed.
• Under the direction of the Manager, DEI Advocates may provide DEI trainings to students, faculty, staff, and administrators with information on resources and options, procedures regarding DEI.
DEI Advocate Program Management
• Responsible for providing coordination of planning developing, managing, and administering DEI Advocate Program.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goal and objective.
• Represent the college to internal and external constituent.
• Create & maintain, and disseminate program information to stakeholder.
• Manage and coordinate the College's designated DEI Advocates in fostering a welcoming, safe, nondiscriminatory, and harassment-free educational, living, and working environment for all members of the College community.
• Identify and resolve a range of challenges within the program to increase effectiveness and improve performance of DEI Advocates.
Recruitment and Retention
• In direct partnership with VP-HR, consult on faculty and staff recruitment and retention initiatives, policies, and practices.
• Collaborate with HR to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria training and resources.
• Support and work with search committees and hiring officials with the establishment and coordination of an equity mindset within the full-cycle of the applicant experience that includes: recruitment process, applicant screening, interviewing, reference checks, job offers, and onboarding activities.
• Advance inclusive excellence by consultation and support to search committee members, test and analyze, identify and promote practices that advance diversity and social justice, minimize the impacts of cognitive and structural biases, and explore assumptions, norms, and practices.
• Assess current needs with retention, persistence, and recruitment, and development of employees.
• Develop and implement ways of engaging our employees to increase the retention of diversity amongst employees.
Discrimination, Bias/Hate Investigations (student to student)
• Under the direction of VP-DEI and partnership with VP-HR, coordinate the responsibility associated with conducting prompt, equitable, impartial, and thorough investigations into incidents of student-to-student discrimination.
• Develop an investigative plan for complaints and incident reports.
• Identify and interview all involved parties and providing them with information about the investigatory process.
• Collect and assess all relevant information; to ensure a well-documented investigation process.
• Synthesize and analyze a large quantity of information to prepare an objective investigative report, ensure all accepted issues are addressed, that the scope and depth of the investigation are sufficient, and the facts are adequately substantiated.
• Collaborate with the appropriate college offices during investigation.
• Maintain accurate and thorough investigatory files and reports.
• May coordinate with DEI Advocates on complaints and investigations to assist with the coordination, response, investigation, and resolution of reports/complaints asserting violations of the College's discrimination policies.
• Provides backup to DEI staff as needed; assists in resolving a variety of DEI related issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Organizational Change, Management, or related field. Any combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Two (2) years management and development of a program.
• Two (2) years of experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
• Two (2) years of administrative or leadership experience in education.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
• Demonstrated commitment to Educational Equity.
• Trauma Informed Interviewing and Investigation training.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task diverse tasks in multiple settings.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Experience with inquiry based, data-driven decision making.
• Successful experience facilitating the implementation program initiatives.
• Experience in communicating priorities and timelines to others and providing support to meeting those timelines.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 08/17/2020 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (maximum 2 pages).
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1967552
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.