Title: Product Manager / Product Owner
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Duration: 6-month contract to hire / Full Time Position
We’re hiring a Technical Product Manager who enjoys bringing order to chaos! Our client is a locally based software solution company serving a growing national client list. This is a wonderful opportunity to Help shape the company culture. Must be both competent and politically adept.
· The team is migrating from on-prem data servers to an Azure cloud environment and programming in DNN.
· The ideal candidate has experience at a larger tech company, who’s ready to make a real impact at a small startup-sized org.
· Own one specific product with revenue goals connected to the product.
· Coding knowledge, you won’t need to review code, but you’ll need to understand what the product is supposed to do and what it’s not doing (that it is supposed to do).
· Work with a group of .NET software developers, QA Engineers and a scrum master on future-facing projects as well as resolving a good amount of tech debt.
· Competitive landscape analysis – understanding competitor’s offerings.
· Market research, interview internal business units and external clients.
· Build a roadmap for the work, partner with the Senior Manager of Product.
· Learn the ropes in the first few months, the team is working through significant technical debt.
· Collaborate with developers (programming in DNN).
· Communicate with off-shore developers.
· The team is going from 2-3 releases per year to monthly releases.
· Project management, help software developers stay on track, write tickets.
· 4+ years Software Product Manager or Product Owner.
· Intimate understanding & ability to communicate with Software Engineers.
· Agile/Scrum methodology experience.
· Commitment to delivering on time.
· Knowledge of Angular & Azure technologies.
· Background in point of sale, credit card and finance products.
· DNN (formerly DotNetNuke) web content management system knowledge.
· PCI (Payment Card Industry) experience