The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Financial Aid Office, administering scholarship, work-study, loan, and grant programs of approximately $15 million annually in compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines. The Director is also responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of the Veteran Student Services Office, providing comprehensive services to military and veteran students related to veteran’s educational benefits, admission, registration, and other support services. The Director will provide vision and direction for the administrative and operational activities of a service-oriented Financial Aid office and Veteran Student Services office and participate in student recruitment and retention initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Student Personnel Administration, Education, Business Administration or a related field.
2. Five (5) years’ experience in financial aid with a pattern of progressively higher levels of supervisory and managerial responsibilities.
3. Comprehensive knowledge and management experience with all aspects of the financial aid operation.
4. Experience with the administration and maintenance of various financial aid software systems.
5. Experience with and the ability to communicate effectively with students from various social, economic, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
6. Experience working collaboratively across departments within the college to implement change and solve problems.
7. Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict-resolution skills.
8. Ability to manage and prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and oversee major projects from development to implementation.
9. Strong research, quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
1. Prior experience as a financial aid director in a community college.
2. Master’s degree in higher education, public administration, business, or related area.
3. Experience with and strong knowledge of PeopleSoft student information system is highly desirable.