Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Alumni Engagement Associate
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an Alumni Engagement Associate to begin on July 1, 2020. Under the supervision of the Director of Alumni Engagement, and working closely with the Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, the Alumni Engagement Associate supports the development, implementation, and management of alumni and parent of alumni programs, activities, events, and communications that deepen the School’s relationship with these important constituencies. This role requires excellent technology and database skills, exemplary attention to detail, impeccable management of deadlines, and courteous customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Assists with general alumni communications including phone calls, emails, direct mailings, and campus tours
- Responsible for data entry and data integrity of all information related to alumni and parents of alumni constituencies
- Scans and uploads gift acknowledgement correspondence on individual records
- Data entry for alumni updates, event records, event registration, alumni research, database maintenance
- Builds data queries, mailing lists, and reports
- Collects, documents, and databases archival information on alumni and parents of alumni
- other recordkeeping as directed
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement and Digital Media Manager on implementation of social media in alumni engagement
- Serves as community manager for social media platforms designed to increase alumni networking and connection with Brentwood
- Uses Linked In or other available tools to establish a bond among current parents, alumni, alumni parents, and grandparents in providing opportunities for current students and for alumni
- Manages and updates alumni website, with support from the Assistant Director of Communications and Digital Media Manager
- Supports Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement in developing and managing a robust Young Alumni Network
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement to implement student/alumni programs that engage alumni and enrich the educational experience
- Responsible for processes of sending alumni birthday cards, care packages, baby onesies, and deceased notices
- Manages space reservation, meeting arrangements, and other logistics related to alumni programs and events
- Offers any support needed for planning and execution of alumni and parent of alumni events as well as key Brentwood School major events
- Collaborates with Assistant to Annual Fund and Alumni Engagement with regard to event RSVPs, research on attendees, nametags and other registration materials, and timely submission of receipts for monthly expense reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Alumni and Parent of Alumni Engagement or Senior Administrative Team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Service oriented problem-solver able to manage simultaneous demands with a willing, friendly attitude
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to maintain internal controls
- Experience with website management, design, and editing software preferred.
- Demonstrated collaboration on a team and cross-cultural competency
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, database systems, email marketing programs, and social media. Preference given to those with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Excel, and Google Suite
- Experience in nonprofit, fundraising, event planning and/or an independent school setting preferred
- Experience in volunteer management and support
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution encouraged
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Director of Alumni Relations
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049