The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Marketing Program Director opportunity within the Marketing, Insights and Communications department and Morrison Family College of Health.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Marketing Program Director leads the strategic development, execution and evaluation of a comprehensive marketing strategy that advances the mission and strategic priorities of the newly launched Morrison Family College of Health.
As part of the newest College within the University of St. Thomas, this role will partner with the founding Dean to develop the initial marketing strategy. The director plans and implements marketing strategies to increase overall awareness of the college as well as build/strengthen the college’s reputation, in addition to supporting efforts to drive enrollment. This includes tactical execution of integrated multi-channel campaigns and oversight of all aspects of the marketing programs, across a variety of digital and traditional marketing channels.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Marketing Strategy, this role is part of the central Marketing, Insights and Communications team. This role works closely with colleagues within Marketing, Insights and Communications, the Vice President and Founding Dean of the Morrison Family College of Health, and other partners at in the college and across the University, to coordinate marketing activities, track progress against goals, share insights and learnings to meet marketing objectives and recommends actions to improve enrollment. This position will not have direct reports initially but may lead a small team in the future due to plans for the expansion of the Morrison Family College of Health.
Marketing Strategic Planning
- Leads the annual strategic marketing planning process for the Morrison Family College of Health, including strategic input session, development of an annual marketing plan and mid year check in.
- Identifies and prioritizes key audiences, programs, and differentiated messaging, working closely with colleagues from the Marketing, Insights, and Communications team as well as the leadership of the Morrison Family College of Health.
- Researches and analyzes marketing and advertising programs (both trends and breakthroughs within the field of higher education, as well as broader sectors) to identify impactful opportunities and ideas.
Marketing Plan Execution
- Develops, directs, and executes advertising and visibility campaigns for all marketing vehicles including outdoor, digital/social, web, print and radio. Works with the internal creative team and external media agencies/resources on creative materials, media strategy and media planning.
- Directs and manages the production of print materials, including viewbooks, brochures, invitations, mailings, reports, and other school-wide marketing materials. Reviews and edits materials made by the creative team and colleagues within the College of Health, including gathering feedback from key stakeholders.
- Determines strategy and writes creative briefs as needed to engage internal creative resources.
- Develops clear and transparent communication for University wide updates on the College of Health.
- Supports development of donor and fundraising materials, in partnership with University Development and Alumni Relations.
- Oversees the maintenance of a clear, compelling, and user-friendly website focused on prospective students.
- Makes updates to the website using content management systems (CMS) Cascade and T4.
- Works with the internal web team to lead regular website redesigns every 3-4 years.
Social Media Management
- Responsible for all Morrison Family College of Health social media channels, which may include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more.
- Develops and executes a content calendar for all social media channels.
- Serves as the liaison to the St. Thomas Sr. Social Media Strategist or social media agency.
- Coordinates activities and builds strategies for the Morrison Family College of Health.
- Serves as the bridge builder and key leader to collaborate across Marketing, Insights and Communications team and the Morrison Family College of Health. Works collaboratively with faculty, the Morrison College’s Leadership Team, Web team, Creative team, Insights and Analytics team, PR and Communications team as well as marketers from the other Schools/Colleges within the University.
- Manages projects, builds timelines for the project team and ensures team meets deadlines.
- Leads meetings, including agendas and meeting notes.
Other special duties as assigned.
- Supports the Vice President and Founding Dean of the Morrison Family College of Health with special projects to improve the overall structure and functions of the college to increase the overall impact of the Morrison Family College of Health.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of professional experience leading development and execution of marketing plans, experience to include:
- Advanced knowledge of consumer targeting
- Message development
- Media placement across channels
- Leading and working with a cross functional team
An equivalent combination of education and experience totaling 9 years from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
- Proficient at developing social media strategy and content
- Passion or strong interest in the health industry
- Comfortable working with a creative team, including giving strategic direction and feedback
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely and create enthusiasm among stakeholders
- Comfortable interacting with various stakeholders including faculty, team members and University leadership
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with ability to meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer