The Philanthropic Advisor Northwest covers a 6 state territory (Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and the far northern tip of California) working with and stewarding approximately 300 St. Jude Contract Holders (donors who have included St. Jude in their estate plans). Responsible for initiating calls to donors from high donor reports and to higher level donors who respond to gift planning marketing initiatives. Handle the stewardship of major current donors and encourage personal visits where appropriate with people who appear to have capability and interest in making larger gifts to St. Jude. Provides follow-up with prospects and donors to ensure continuity planned giving.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations; to understand complex verbal or written instructions; understand data processing applications.
- Ability to relate to older individuals; negotiating skills and listening skills.
- Articulate business needs and values, including diversity and inclusion, through excellent informal and formal communications.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years experience in social services, human services, or customer service related position.
- Development experience helpful but not essential.
- Good writing and telephone skills essential as is willingness to work with seniors.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be willing to be trained in the basics of planned giving and achieve the ability to communicate with donors on a conversational level; requires travel approximately 50% to 70% of the time or more, including some evening and weekend work.