Job #: 1908613
--- Time; Career
Starting Salary Range: $22.54-$24.70/hourly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Alumni Officer, the incumbent provides high level administrative, project management and direct executive support to Alumni Engagement and Information Management. The Administrative Assistant coordinates the daily operations of the Alumni Engagement (AE) unit and Information Management (IM) unit. This position acts as a liaison to senior management across campus, overseeing general communication between AE, IM and other campus entities. On behalf of the Chief Alumni Officer, this position interacts with alumni and other constituents to meet their needs.
Other duties include, but are not limited to coordinating travel and purchasing, performing financial transaction reconciliation, coordinating signature items, organizing meeting and events and preparing reports. The incumbent identifies issues or problems within specific management areas and researches issues, prioritizes tasks and works independently with a high degree of confidentiality and with excellent judgment.
The incumbent must have a clear understanding of the overall campus, an appreciation of the academic mission, and a thorough understanding of University Relations divisional objectives. The person in this position should possess the insight, tact, and diplomacy to foster effective relations with staff, students, the public, government offices and the press.
This position requires the ability to respond flexibly and positively in all circumstances, to cope with ambiguity, to work effectively under pressure, and to manage regularly shifting priorities in a dynamic environment with frequent interruptions and deadlines. This is an opportunity to be a part of an optimistic, cohesive team in a professional and challenging work environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to recall, retrieve, and communicate information quickly, clearly, and accurately.
• Demonstrated political acumen and high professional standards with proven ability to exercise good judgment and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy to consistently interact effectively and flexibly with diverse groups of people, both internal and external, and to recognize their differing priorities and expectations.
• Exceptional organizational skills sufficient to prioritize and complete assignments and projects independently, while balancing competing needs and attending to detail.
• Ability to provide appropriate implementation, tracking and follow- through on projects, programs, and events, including documents, forms, and logistics for an office that has a high volume of paper and electronic communication.
Work-site location is the UC Santa Cruz Scotts Valley Center (100 Enterprise Way, Scotts Valley, CA).
Position is open until filled. Initial Review Date: 03-17-2019
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site mailto:@ https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.