Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Sixth Grade Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Sixth Grade teacher beginning in August, 2019. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however a master’s degree is preferred. In addition to the attributes and qualities below, an ideal candidate for this position would possess a passion and enthusiasm for mathematics.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
• Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
• Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
• Have experience working in a collaborative grade level team
• Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
• Have a successful track record and proven ability in the instruction of upper elementary mathematics
• Communicate effectively
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
• Strong collaboration skills
• An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion
• A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049