Bellwether Housing is seeking a dynamic thoughtful leader with a collaborative and influential leadership style to drive major initiatives that support employee engagement and organizational growth. The HR Director must inspire others into action and think creatively about solutions. The successful candidate will be a transparent, strong communicator who conveys compassion and interacts with humility. The HR Director must be masterful in communicating strategic vision and empowering peers with the tools needed to lead this fast paced and bold non-profit organization.
The HR Director will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be a key member of the senior leadership team driving and cultivating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Direct reports include the Human Resources Generalist, Recruiting and Onboarding Specialist and Office Manager.
Key areas of focus for the HR Director will include:
Strategy & Organizational Leadership
- Play the role of a ‘culture architect’, helping the organization work together as an effective and unified team.
- Collaborate with leadership team on organizational structure and succession planning.
- Implement plans to support employees through changes brought on by rapid growth.
- Drive HR programs and solutions that increase performance and employee engagement, create a positive work culture, and improve retention.
- Participate in the development of organizational objectives, particularly as such objectives impact employees and their ability to achieve established goals.
- Analyze, prepare and present insightful information to the leadership team and board of directors in support of strategic planning and decision making.
Recruiting and Workforce Planning
- Partner with managers on organizational design to create and implement an innovative, cost-effective talent acquisition strategy to meet growth plans.
- Cultivate recruiting sources and practices that generate more diverse candidate pools and hires.
- Establish and steward relationships with colleges, vocational schools, and high schools to generate awareness and showcase employment opportunities at Bellwether.
- Manage and influence benefit plan design, broker relationships and cost containment, maintaining a focus on employee recruitment and retention.
- Develop and implement a progressive compensation and benefits program that responds to the rapidly changing and competitive Puget Sound labor market.
- Create a service-oriented environment that motivates employees and supports continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR function.
- Champion an environment of equity, diversity, inclusion and empowerment through a partnership with the Equity Committee identifying and implementing an action plan to cultivate this environment.
- Monitor employee "pulse" and create an environment that inspires employee engagement, attracting and retaining a diverse staff of well qualified talent.
- Build and maintain a strong and trusted relationship with employees. Serve as a resource on employee relations issues. Provide advice, counsel and support in resolving issues, disputes and other sensitive matters.
- Encourage cross-departmental collaboration, personal initiative, accountability and responsibility at all levels of the organization.
- Produce employee-focused events that intentionally promote an inclusive and welcoming environment to all levels of Bellwether employees.
- Identify competency, knowledge and talent needs within the organization. Develop programs for enhancing skills and knowledge to close gaps and provide opportunities for employee development and career advancement.
- Develop and evolve employee policies, as necessary, to keep abreast of the changing employment law landscape and maintain compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure fair and equitable application of compensation, HR policies and employee relations processes. Provide legal interpretations of employment-related matters utilizing legal counsel for more complex issues.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of and ensure compliance with regulatory environment including EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, etc.
- Research and resolve complex benefits and/or retirement issues, delivering exceptional customer service to employees.
Read the full position profile https://waldronhr.com/searches/bellwether-housing.
A minimum of five years in an HR leadership role is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification is also preferred. Candidates must have proficiency with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Experience leading and coaching a high-performing human resources team is essential for success in this role.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Bellwether Housing celebrates diversity and works to create an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that cultivating a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve is critical to our success.
Cover letters should be addressed to Heather Gantz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and thoughtfully crafted to articulate your interest in the position and fit for the role.
The application portal and complete position profile describing the ideal candidate can be found online at: https://waldronhr.com/searches/bellwether-housing