Title: Internal Controls & Compliance Analyst (ATLANTA)
Employer: Client Confidential
Job Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire by Client
Location: Atlanta, GA
This position will help lead efforts to ensure the Company complies with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and work directly with the Registrants & Shared Services management & control performers throughout the Company.
This position will be responsible for leading non-routine related activities, including providing internal controls oversight for new emerging risks (such as new accounting standards, new business ventures, and system implementation). Other responsibilities may include (but not limited to) Executive Compensation review, managing the Company’s approval limits, risk assessments, Disclosure Controls & Procedures, Management Representation Letters, and SOX Application administration.
This position will be responsible for performing and documenting control walkthroughs, updating flowcharts/narratives, designing controls, creating control test plans, performing control testing, evaluating exceptions/deficiencies, and providing SOX status updates, as needed. Developing and enhancing relationships with the Registrants and Shared Services will also be required.
Occasional overnight travel will be required.
Education & Certifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Accounting, or another related field
- Certification (such as CPA) or progress toward related certification is strongly desired
- Minimum 2 to 5 years Internal Controls or Internal Auditing experience performing risk assessments, walk throughs, control design, control testing, and deficiency evaluations is desired
Preferred Areas of Knowledge
- Project Management
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Auditing Standard 5
- COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework
- Financial risks and controls mitigating these risks
- Company accounting policies, procedures, and supporting computer systems
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Security and Exchange Commission rules and reporting requirements
- Project development and management skills, along with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster lasting relationships
- Good business judgment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effectively resolve conflict, confront disagreements positively, and express different points of view
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate self confidence
Major Job Responsibilities
- Develop internal control design for new and emerging risks. This can include new accounting standards, new business ventures, and new system implementations.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls for non-routine projects
- Support non-SOX related projects or activities as required, which may include (but are not limited to) Disclosure Controls & Procedures (DCP), Executive Compensation Analysis, controls monitoring/certifications, approval limit exceptions, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, and Management Representations Letters.
- Independently plan and schedule routine and non-routine projects.
- Create partnerships with Registrants and Shared Service control owners/performers
- Support external and internal audit SOX related activities, which includes providing documentation for audits, explaining controls design and reviewing operating results, discussions with control performers (where required), and evaluating any issues that may arise.
- Continuously identify process improvements to achieve Company goals efficiently and effectively.
How to Apply
***Qualified candidates only ****