Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Director of The Center for Innovative Leadership
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Director of The Center for Innovative Leadership to begin July 2018.
Position Title: Director of The Center for Innovative Leadership
Reports to: Head of School and the Associate Head of School (For at least the first two years.)
Summary of Position: The Director of The Center for Innovative Leadership is a new position that requires an individual who is a self-starter, able to make connections with existing Brentwood programs, able to forge new relationships—in and out of the school—and someone who is able to develop and implement a collaborative vision for The Center. The Director is a member of the Brentwood Leadership Team (BLT) and is responsible for all programming and staffing of the Center.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the leadership of the school develop and articulate an overarching vision and model for The Center
- Develop a mission statement and theoretical leadership framework for The Center
- Lead discussions on various decisions to be made about The Center:
- To integrate with the current curriculum or not?
- Examine and decide on the viability of a Leadership Certificate comprised of certain courses and out-of-classroom experiences.
- Identify existing Brentwood programs that fit within the Center’s vision and make appropriate connections to The Center. This may include, but is not limited to: Peer Leadership, Internship Program, Social Entrepreneurship, Service Learning, and Teen Court
- Identify and reach out to potential partners beyond Brentwood School
- Outreach to the VA to identify needs and develop appropriate programs with our students and vets
- Work with the Assistant Head School to develop a framework for adult and student programs with the VA
- Create and manage The Center’s budget
- Work closely with existing school personnel, especially the division directors, in the creation and ongoing implementation of The Center and its programs
- Participate as needed in fundraising related to The Center
- Work collaboratively to design the physical space for The Center—initially expected to be between 600-1000 square feet
- Develop a strategic, long-range plan for the staffing and finances for The Center
Desirable attributes include:
- A detail-oriented approach to work and outstanding communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
- The ability to work collaboratively with the administration, faculty and other key members of the Brentwood community
- The energy, patience, and sense of humor necessary to work effectively with students in a variety of grades
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Assistant to the Head of School