When you join Lowenstein Sandler, you become part of a community of passionate individuals united by a common purpose. Our strategy is unconventional: we empower members of our community by fostering their entrepreneurial spirit and giving them tools to grow. If you are ready to apply your intellect, creativity, and diverse perspective to the creation of cutting-edge legal work, we are eager to hear from you.
Lowenstein Sandler is seeking a Manager of Diversity and Inclusion to support the creation and implementation of the firm’s D&I strategic plan. The position will report directly to the Chairman & Managing Partner of the firm, who currently heads our D&I Committee, and to our Director of Career Development. Through the lens of the D&I strategic plan, the Manager of Diversity and Inclusion will work to ensure that our firm’s culture, environment and approach in every area is inclusive, respectful and inviting to all. The Manager will accomplish this through implementation of formal programs, processes and metrics and will be instrumental in diversity and inclusion messaging for women, racial and ethnic minorities, members of the LGBTQ community and those with disabilities.
• Work with the Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee, the career development team, and the firm’s affinity groups to develop the firm’s diversity and inclusion strategy and educate functional areas of the firm, and employees at all levels, about that strategy.
• Develop, implement and manage annual strategic plans and budgets and provide updates to leadership.
• Work collaboratively with the firm’s Human Resources team to develop and implement diversity and inclusion programming for attorneys and professional staff and when necessary, one-on-one executive coaching for lawyers on issues pertaining to diversity, work style, career path differences and flexible work arrangements.
• In conjunction with the firm’s Legal Recruitment professionals, identify and implement strategic opportunities to develop our diversity pipeline.
• Work collaboratively with the firm’s Marketing and Business Development Teams to enhance the firm’s reputation for diversity and inclusion, including content for the firm’s website, intranet, and marketing collateral.
• Develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the firm’s diversity and inclusion strategy and identify and implement a diversity and inclusion benchmarking process to measure progress against goals and the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion strategies.
• Ensure that the firm’s responses to requests for proposals and employee satisfaction surveys illuminate the firm’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Build relationships with diverse lawyers at the firm, internal diversity leaders, diversity professionals at peer and other firms, leaders of diversity organizations and bar-associations and diversity professionals at clients.
• Monitor external diversity best practices and make recommendations for new initiatives to ensure that Lowenstein develops into a leader in the diversity and inclusion space.
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, strategic and innovative thinking, an ability to persuade and influence, possessing professional presence and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project plans, status reports, budgets, communication and change management plans.
• Strong organization skills, including setting priorities, planning, structuring project deliverables and problem solving.
• Excellent communication skills, including effective writing, listening, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Proven track record of effectively managing conflict, resolving issues, mitigating risks and influencing leaders.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and ability to make effective, timely decisions.
• Ability to oversee multiple projects.
Education and Relevant Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required and Juris Doctorate or Master’s Degree in business administration, leadership and organizational development and/or behavioral design preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of practice in a large law firm and/or leadership, organizational development or professional development experience in a leading professional services firm required, and minimum of 2 years of diversity and inclusion work preferred.
Location: Roseland, NJ
Schedule Monday - Friday / 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM