This is a Part Time position with flexible schedule options. The right candidate will be able to work a relatively consistent schedule totaling between 15-25 hours a week, Monday through Friday between 7am and 5pm.
You will manage the annual campus relations program for Valmont. This will require that you build relationships with key universities by being present, involved and invested in the success of both Valmont and the university partner. You will recruit and get to know the interns in a way that allows you to support and coach them towards success and growth with the organization. You will also work with managers that need to hire interns to understand their talent needs, and then prepare them to deliver a world class internship experience that is both engaging and enriching for the intern.
Additionally, you will source for passive candidates for critical current and future positions using a variety of tools including LinkedIn, leveraging our referral program, networking, etc. You will conduct candidate research weekly to ensure we’re growing our talent pipelines. The work you will be doing now will be critically important to our future.
* Gets involved on campuses. This may be mock interviews, classroom presentation, event judging, career fairs or hosting student group tours.
* Works with managers to understand intern staffing needs and then operates as the recruiter filling those roles.
* Manages the annual summer internship program cycle: need identification, candidate selection, program design, manager preparation, program management, student evaluation, offer decisions and feedback.
* Works to continuously ensure and communicate that the internship program aligns to future talent needs.
* Sources for candidates using proactive sourcing tools. You will meet weekly with key stakeholders on critical current and future staffing needs and then reach out to candidates to fill those needs.
* The annual internship program will require significant effort at certain times of the year. During slower times, you will have the opportunity to take on additional roles to support the team as well as your own personal growth and development.
* 1-3 years of recruiting experience or experience working in a college/university career services role strongly preferred
* Strong communication skills and a comfort level presenting to groups required.
* Demonstrated ability to build a simple plan and then execute it well within a complex environment.