The primary responsibilities of this position are overseeing and leading the full range of purchasing, sourcing, and logistic functions including procurement of raw materials, components and capital/MRO items and logistics, both domestically and internationally. Responsible for the enhancement and execution of the company’s supply chain, global procurement and sourcing strategy, which includes outsourcing; low-cost country sourcing of steel, aluminum and zinc; indirect materials and services, and capital project procurement needs to support business unit objectives. Reporting to the Senior VP of Steel Operations, the VP of Supply Chain will develop and lead a best-in-class function capable of delivering value in an efficient and effective manner. This position is primarily responsible for strategy, leadership, supplier relationship management, risk management and performance management for the worldwide operations.
* Leads the global supply chain function resulting in desired cost and strong internal customer satisfaction.
* Generates cost reduction improvements annually through improvements in sourcing, price negotiation, materials substitution, blanket contracts, vendor/supplier relationships, and other related best of class procurement practices.
* Ensures that strategic and operating business plans are developed and implemented in support of business needs.
* Leads risk management efforts for the function. Supports business unit objectives defining a layered supply chain in a non-mandated environment. Ensures risk management strategies are proposed by the function and agreed with the business. Provides business unit competitive advantage from supply side. Ensures risk management processes and commitment reporting are in place and aligned.
* Oversees supplier relationship management and contract negotiations. Develops supplier relationships with key suppliers based on strategy. Collaborates with the business in order to determine innovation opportunities and set supplier strategy to deliver. Collaborates with the business where appropriate on key negotiations and assists as needed.
* Manages processes/systems. Ensures the processes are aligned with the global functional operating model. Identifies and documents business requirements for system enhancements. Ensures adequate controls and segregation are in place.
* Performs talent management activities for the teams reporting up to this position. Selects, motivates and leads a global supply chain team. Determines organizational structure requirements and sizing in alignment with the functional operating model. Manages and develops resources in order to maintain high performing teams under sourcing, logistics and MRO.
* Manages performance management/measurement in support of Key Performance Indicators to meet financial and operational objectives.
* Establishes regional and global business and function objectives and operating budgets.
* Leads monthly functional meetings to ensure all resources have measurement transparency and to set strategy and actions to meet objectives. Communicates performance, strategy and actions to stakeholders as appropriate.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Sales or Operations Management or related
* 10-15 years of direct sourcing with global steel mills and/or steel service centers
* Successful track record in Procurement/Supply Chain within the Manufacturing Industry
* Ability to travel, both domestic and international, up to 30%
* Knowledge of, and experience in, the global steel industry
* Experience in low-cost country sourcing for products and materials
* Solid knowledge of supply chain and purchasing processes and management
* Proven experience in hiring, coaching and leading a high performing team
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all levels of management
* Project management skills to deliver business unit and company objectives on time and under budget
* Ability to adapt and operate in a changing environment
* Experience in negotiation of contracts and agreements
* Excellent analytical and organization skills
* Experience in sourcing and supply chain for steel, aluminum, zinc and natural gas
* Master’s in Business Administration