Serves as a key member of the Information Technology team and is responsible for the IT engineering systems around the world. This individual reports to the Vice President IT Application Development & Business Relationship Manager. This individual is responsible for reviewing, implementing and monitoring all IT engineering solutions and managing the group assigned. This position is accountable for the engineering Information Technology functions, which includes serving as the primary interface to the division engineering teams, responsible for identifying all assets assigned, developing roadmaps and upgrade strategies and managing the retirement of legacy solutions. This role is responsible for coordinating the strategic Information Technology direction within the assigned area and responsible for leading the engineering development for the platforms within this group. Also, matching engineering IT resources and priorities to deliver needed technology strategies a round the world. This individual coordinates across Valmont Industries IT groups to resolve information technology issues, support IT planning and provide enforcement of those standards. This position is also responsible for overseeing all assigned engineering application certification and software of systems or platform applications within their group.
* Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in engineering, computer science, or related field;
* Ten years of engineering professional level experience with a minimum of five years mid to upper management experience in engineering with multiple CAD, 3D Design or Product Data Management (PDM) applications, most predominately AutoCad, SolidWorks or products like Catia or Matrix One ;
* Must show a career track of progressive engineering roles;
* Experience should include roles in deploying and managing engineering applications and oversight of engineering operations, programing, and system design;
* Able to travel globally – approximately 30%.
* Proven oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information;
* Familiarity/expertise in Lean methodologies;
* Master’s degree;
* Experience with multiple engineering technologies;
* Manufacturing experience and an understanding of engineering manufacturing costs models;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.