Posting Date: 5/2/2017 Job#: 1126948 Employment Type: Full Time Regular Category: Partner Accounts - Sales Job Title: Account Manager - Southeast region Location: Home-Based-US
NWEA has an exciting new opening for Account Manager for our Partner Accounts- East Accounts group. This is a home-based role with a preference for candidates who reside in the southeastern states of Kentucky, West Virginia or Virginia. NWEA offers competitive compensation, an outstanding benefits package and career growth opportunities.
Founded by educators nearly 40 years ago, Northwest Evaluation Association™ (NWEA™) is a global not-for-profit educational services organization known for our flagship interim assessment, Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). More than 7,600 partners in U.S. schools, school districts, education agencies, and international schools trust us to offer pre-kindergarten through grade 12 assessments that accurately measure student growth and learning needs, professional development that fosters educators’ ability to accelerate student learning, and research that supports assessment validity and data interpretation. To better inform instruction and maximize every learner’s academic growth, educators currently use NWEA assessments with nearly eight million students.
The Account Manager position is responsible for managing and growing a targeted group of existing NWEA customers (Partners) by building long-term relationships and adding value to the Partner. Working on a regional team, led by a Regional Manager, their focus is to ensure Partner retention and satisfaction, and to drive increased use of NWEA Products and Services to improve our Partners ability to help all kids learn. As the key contact for our Partners, we value responsiveness and listening to our Partners to increase the value of the relationship with NWEA and to build their loyalty and satisfaction. The Account Manager will work closely with the Account Executives in their region who are responsible for the acquisition of new partners.
As the account owner, the Account Managers’ key areas of work include managing all annual renewals, optimizing account revenue, expanding the number of students being tested by the district, uncovering needs for new products and services, building relationships with district stakeholders, and establishing a long term plan for Professional Development to increase the use and value of their relationship with NWEA. Account Managers will work with the extended NWEA organization, including Marketing and Support to ensure the needs of our Partners are met. Other responsibilities include providing product Webinars, resolving Partner issues, supporting Account Executives in acquiring new accounts and expanding Partner understanding of the value of NWEA products and services.
• Be the primary NWEA account contact for a portfolio of existing Partners
• Ensure Partner loyalty and customer satisfaction for retention. Establish Partner communication strategy to uncover needs and resolve issues.
• Achieve renewal and expansion targets as defined by the regional objectives.
• Plan and prioritize new product, expansion and retention activities in alignment with team and organizational goals, budgets and timelines
• Schedule and deliver webinars, introductions and other sales calls and activities as needed
• Implement effective processes, procedures and use of support materials to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in meeting each partner’s unique needs
• Stay current and knowledgeable about NWEA Products and Services and the education market, including issues, trends, relevant laws and competition.
• Inform Partners about features and benefits of products and services on a regular and proactive basis using consultative sales process.
• Use Salesforce to manage Partner opportunities and pipeline for renewals, expansions and new products and services. Keep data accurate, up to date and comprehensive. Use Salesforce for Partner, pipeline and Regional reports and dashboards and for data to drive Partner activity.
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and/or contractual requirements. Accurately process and schedule partner transactions including quotes and orders
• Travel as needed for Regional, Partner or NWEA events, up to 20%.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and abilities
• Commitment to the NWEA mission and culture
• Ability to be effective in a growing organization, and handle a large volume of customer accounts and activity
• Experience with selling and managing customer relationships over the phone, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Clear communicator, strong verbal, writing skills
• General knowledge of education market, school and business operations and functions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals and independently
• Ability to meet personal and team goals and work well with Partner Accounts team and NWEA organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage sales opportunities and pipeline
• Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
Education and experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, business or a related field required
• Desire 2-4 years’ account management experience. Selling experience in the educational market helpful, with demonstrated effective communication and presentation
• Excellent relationship building skills, with a desire to create a positive experience
• Experience with NWEA products, services, procedures and implementation preferred
• Understanding of K-12 education industry and assessment methods desired
NWEA’s generous benefits package includes: 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees; company-paid public transportation, indoor bicycle racks, and free on-site parking; convenient location near public transportation near the Pearl District in downtown Portland; additional monthly compensation in the form of flex pay; and a 15% annual employer contribution toward our 403b retirement plan. In addition, NWEA’s culture promotes work-life balance. Accordingly, we offer 4 weeks’ PTO in the first year, 5 weeks’ PTO after the first year anniversary, and 6 weeks’ PTO after the second year anniversary and in subsequent years. Our employees also enjoy flexible work schedules.
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit the following website: https://www.nwea.org/content/uploads/2017/04/Affirmative-Action-Policy-Document-2016.pdf
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the following website: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf