Job Title: Lecturer
Job ID: 603074
Location: Department of Biological Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
One Lecturer position will be filled in the Department of Biological Sciences beginning August 21, 2017 to teach courses central to our Biomedical Science curriculum. The position is a non-tenure eligible appointment for the academic year. The position may be renewed pending satisfactory job performance, availability of funding, and program needs.
Individuals are invited to apply for a non-tenure track Lecturer position in the Department of Biological Sciences at Northern Arizona University. The applicant will be expected to teach lecture courses in the areas of microbiology, genetics, pathology, and/or anatomy & physiology. The successful applicant will have demonstrated success in teaching large enrollment courses in these subject areas using a variety of delivery modalities (e.g., online, in person, hybrid). Research is not an expectation for this position, and time will not be allocated for research.
- An earned MD or PhD in Biology or a closely related field
- Two or more years of college teaching experience in microbiology, genetics, pathology and/or anatomy & physiology.
- Experience with traditional and non-traditional course delivery
-A record of substantial and continued effectiveness in teaching
-Outstanding communication skills
- Experience working with students seeking careers in healthcare or the biomedical sciences
- Experience working and interacting with people from a wide variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
Further information and application instructions can be found by searching for Vacancy #603074 at NAU’s HR website: