How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Welder I position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment. Additionally, you will…
* Fuse (weld) metal structural components together by means of arc welding using one process in the fabrication of steel electrical poles, substations, and other structures.
* Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning and lying out of work from blueprints or other written specifications and determining operation sequence.
* Perform some welding on objects involving moderate safety and load requirements working in one position.
* Movement of pole shafts using an overhead crane and the gathering of parts and materials to complete the project.
* Perform other duties as directed by leaders and management.
* Participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
What it takes
* One month of previous hands-on welding experience in a manufacturing, fabrication or professional environment
* Successful completion of an internal welding test
* The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
* Must have working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* The ability to read and comprehend blueprints including weld requirement symbology
* One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results