Dir, Srv Ctr Operations
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Operational Excellence: Responsible for the delivery of service and quality results by processing and call teams serving business insurance (small commercial) customers and agents. Activities performed by teams include endorsement processing, incoming service calls, certificate of insurance handling, counseling customers on their insurance needs and the quoting and issuance of new business and related support functions. Develop and optimize high performing teams using strong metrics focus to achieve stated business objectives. Assures staff works within delegated underwriting authority. Accountable for passing internal corporate and underwriting audits. Provide input to the development of strategic business, fiscal and operational plans; accountable for timely execution of tactical initiatives. Escalate operational issues and establish an environment of continual improvement. Utilize and build partnership with variable staff to achieve service and fiscal expectations.
- Staff Development and Empowerment: Accountable for building synergy around staff development including first level leadership and keeps sustained focus on raising staff capabilities. Partners with extended management team for optimal use of reward and recognition programs. Hires and manages top talent to support succession planning for all key positions. Builds open communication channels with frontline staff and managers. Demonstrates innovative leadership and creative communication techniques that motivate, develop and reward team. Provides direction and support to the team to drive performance, achieve customer service targets and achieve individual development goals.
- Business Partner Relationships: Works collaboratively across the sites to build, develop and sustain effective and mutually beneficial relationships between agents, customers, field partners and senior leadership team. Forges strong partnership with peers in other business centers to support uniform service delivery to customers and business partners. Develop and build relationships to partner with centers and home office areas to identify areas to maximize technology and improve operational efficiencies.
- Support Innovative Technology Strategy: Implements appropriate operational response to product and technology changes. Builds staff flexibility to changing markets, service expectations and operating models. Encourages the development and use of real time data to provide transparency into operational initiatives. Prioritizes and suggests required new applications and processes to improve internal efficiency and streamline processes.
- Customer Experience: Build processes that support flexible and effective access resulting in an excellent service experience for our policyholders, agents and key business partners. Build partnership throughout the supply chain to make Travelers a compelling brand in the marketplace. Educate staff on their critical role in customer retention and satisfaction and reward top performers regularly. Monitor customer satisfaction and adjust processes for continuous improvement.
Elmira - New York - United States
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Reports to the Business Center Leader. Facilitates the successful achievement of business quality, productivity, financial and staff development objectives supporting a high performing culture. Provides leadership, development coaching, guidance and strategic direction to first line team leaders and production staff with strong focus on operational excellence supported by technology. Provides oversight and leadership to projects/initiatives that expand across the entire operation.
5 years comprehensive management or related operational experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors degree required
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrates specific knowledge of policy servicing requirements as defined by customer contracts and compliance regulations.
- Understand financials, objectives and service requirements.
- Evaluates business conditions and translates the solution into a manual and/or automated process.
- Expert planning, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
Leading the Business:
- Demonstrated leadership in inspiring and promoting a vision; able to persuade and motivate others; skilled at influencing business partners. Delegates effectively.
- Experience in developing long-term objectives and strategies; can translate vision into realistic business strategies.
- Proven track record in problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Prior success in effectively recruiting, training and retaining top talent.
- Ability to identify areas for team and individual development and use training and coaching to achieve improved results. Utilization of performance management processes to support a high performing culture.
- Ability to use listening skills and communication to involve others; can build consensus and influence others in decision making.
- Enhance organizational effectiveness by leveraging relationships with people who differ in race, gender, culture, age or background.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, coaching and mentoring across a dynamic organization; creates an environment that fosters a winning spirit, customer focus, financial discipline, teamwork and a high sense of integrity
- Has an accurate picture of personal strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
- Open to influence and accepts criticism well; doesn't assume a single best way.
- Provides a good role model for employees, demonstrating a positive attitude and acting with credibility. - Uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.
Working knowledge of commercial line insurance business preferred.
- Basic understanding of policy services and underwriting preferred
Licensing or Certificates
MBA and/or CPCU a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.