Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month administrative Dean of Business and Health Sciences who reports to the Vice President of Instruction. This position is responsible to provide leadership, management, planning, and advocacy for faculty and programs within the unit and coordinate satellite campus sites. The unit is comprised of Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Health Occupations, Business, Economics, Health informatics, Pharmacy Technician, and Health and Physical Education. Division chairs, department heads and the unit operations manager report to the Dean. This position will lead this growth effort while ensuring the at the excellence of the current programs is maintained.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocate for and represent the BHS unit.
- Work collaboratively with BHS division chairs, department heads, associate dean, other instructional unit deans, faculty, and staff.
- Establish and develop an effective communication process within and among units.
- Provide leadership in development of effective teaching and learning strategies and outcome assessment tools; conduct program review processes.
- Represent the unit in articulation and partnership activities with high schools, community colleges, four-year institutions, and business and industry.
- Actively support activities that promote diversity.
- Oversee class schedule and catalog preparation within unit.
- Develop and manage budget allocations.
- Monitor student advising processes, including supervision of advising staff and faculty within unit.
- Assume primary responsibility for recruitment, screening, orientation, and professional development of full and part-time faculty.
- Supervise associate dean of health sciences, faculty and assigned classified staff within unit.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleges and universities that provide resources for partnerships, collaboration and opportunities for increasing faculty diversity.
- Oversee tenure review processes for probationary faculty and evaluation processes for full- and part-time faculty.
- Serve as appeal person for student complaints.
- Oversee facility and equipment allocation and use within unit.
- Oversee vocational certification process for the faculty in the BHS Unit.
- Establish and maintain identified FTE targets, effectively allocating personnel and budget resources.
- Coordinate and foster collaborative planning and goal setting for programs within unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
- Provide leadership in accordance with the Vision, Values, and Core themes established by the college to achieve mission fulfillment.
- Master’s Degree.
- Three years full-time equivalent experience teaching adult learners.
- Two years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Two years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Teaching experience in one or more of the unit disciplines.
- Community college teaching or administrative experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills including significant responsibility for program management, personnel, and budget.
- Ability to provide leadership in the development and evaluation of curricula and programs.
- Problem solving skills including ability to find innovative solutions to a variety of problems.
- Ability to work as a part of an administrative team and foster a team environment.
- Understanding of the educational role and philosophy of the community college.
- Experience managing programs at branch campus and off-campus sites.
- Familiarity with BAS and Interprofessional Education.
Salary Statement: $87,021 annually
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873).
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., February 20, 2017.
Condition of employment:
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Graduate Degree, M.B.A. Degree, Other Graduate Degree