Job No: 5389534
NWEA has an exciting new opening for Training Manager, Partner Accounts, located in downtown Portland, OR. Candidates should reside in the Portland metro area or be willing to relocate in order to work in our Portland headquarters. This is a full-time position with competitive compensation, outstanding benefits package, relocation assistance, and career growth opportunities.
Founded by educators nearly 40 years ago, Northwest Evaluation Association™ (NWEA™) is a global not-for-profit educational services organization known for our flagship interim assessment, Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®). More than 7,600 partners in U.S. schools, school districts, education agencies, and international schools trust us to offer pre-kindergarten through grade 12 assessments that accurately measure student growth and learning needs, professional development that fosters educators’ ability to accelerate student learning, and research that supports assessment validity and data interpretation. To better inform instruction and maximize every learner’s academic growth, educators currently use NWEA assessments with nearly eight million students.
This position is responsible for the creation, development and ongoing support of a solid sales performance and training program for the Partner Accounts team. This position will take existing efforts and resources as well as new work and blend them into a high quality onboarding and training program. This position will collaborate with sales leadership to identify training needs and develop the content and delivery channels needed to ensure that all Partner Accounts staff receives the training needed. This position will also collaborate with the Professional Development and Implementation Services organizations to create and manage joint training programs with the goal of improving the Partner experience with all strategic NWEA partner-facing groups. This position reports to the Director of Sales Operations.
• Create, develop, implement, measure and manage a complete new hire onboarding program to ensure rapid and efficient ramp to full productivity for any role on in the Partner Accounts team.
• Lead overall planning, scheduling and execution of Partner Accounts staff learning opportunities and initiatives.
• Work with Product vertical owners to develop and deliver product training to Partner Accounts team.
• Create and manage cross-departmental Partner-centric competency programs for Partner-facing staff in support of Partner funding and satisfaction goals.
• Manage knowledge transfer tools to ensure just-in-time content availability
• Develop training content for sales tools and internal systems for sales
• Help drive appropriate metrics for onboarding and full productivity
• Collaborate with sales leaders to identify ongoing training needs
• Differentiate training programs by role, region, team, product and market
• Delivery of training content as needed
• Establish and monitor performance goals and targets; provide regular feedback and assist staff in making adjustments as needed
• Stay abreast of market trends and competition and adjust training accordingly
• Travel is required at least 25% of the time
Skills and Abilities
• Solid understanding of, and experience with NWEA's products, services, and specifically its implementation and Professional Development offerings.
• Solid understanding of contemporary adult learning practices and instructional mediums
• Excellent partnering and collaboration skills
• Strong presentation (F2F and online), facilitation, and writing skills
• Ability to synthesize information and communicate it effectively
• Demonstrated coaching and training skills
• Committed to quality and evaluation of programs and initiatives
• Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes, programs, and initiatives and recommend improvements
• Demonstrated discretion, confidentiality, good judgment and integrity
• Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives, schedule and coordinate a large variety of activities for various groups and sizes
• Ability to take initiative, self-manage, and collaborate effectively with team members both F2F and virtually.
• Ability to represent NWEA accurately and with integrity
• Excellent PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum five years’ experience developing and managing training programs for multiple functional teams with different group and individual competencies and needs
• Demonstrated success in developing strategies, meeting targets, and helping a strong sales team succeed.
• Experience designing and developing trainings, and managing content development and delivery of training in different modes: in-person, web-based, or self-learning
• Experience with learning management and learning and content management systems
• Demonstrated success in developing strategies, meeting targets, and growing a goal oriented team
• Experience with CRM tools required - Salesforce preferred
• Experience in organizations selling complex SaaS-based products preferred
NWEA’s generous benefits package includes: 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for eligible employees; company-paid public transportation, indoor bicycle racks, and free on-site parking; convenient location near public transportation near the Pearl District in downtown Portland; additional monthly compensation in the form of flex pay; and a 15% annual employer contribution toward our 403b retirement plan. In addition, NWEA’s culture promotes work-life balance. Accordingly, we offer 4 weeks’ PTO in the first year, 5 weeks’ PTO after the first year anniversary, and 6 weeks’ PTO after the second year anniversary and in subsequent years. Our employees also enjoy flexible work schedules.
NWEA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. NWEA's written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.