Our Fortune 500 Company Client is seeking to directly hire an Application Developer II position within its technology solutions organization. A hybrid work schedule would be required for this role.
In the Spring of 2021, we embarked upon a data management journey with PowerSecure (https://powersecure.com/). Commissioning data management tools native to or built within our Azure tenant in the Microsoft Cloud. Developing data products & features that virtualize data from multiple sources to iteratively establish a logical data warehouse known as VIP (Virtualized Information Platform). The purpose of VIP is to systematically virtualize data from multiple sources, to gain efficiencies for those wrangling it today and position this data to reveal new insights towards PowerSecure’s development and operation of advanced microgrids.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Writing software code to facilitate data integrations and data process automation, utilizing the following languages – C#, Python & Angular.
- Integrating data to and from purchased software, third-party data subscriptions and between cloud technologies, via a wide range of methods – APIs, streaming interfaces, data scraping, SFTP, etc.
- Modeling and analysis of data around business processes and key performance indicators – SQL Server, Denodo, Data modeling, Spark via Databricks, etc.
- Writing software applications used across our data management practice, facilitating processes like data governance, reference data management (semantics layer), configuration management, etc.
- Driving and contributing to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements-gathering, specification, design, estimating, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Identifying software problems, initiating corrective action, and testing changes focused on maximizing resilience and reliability.
- Proactively monitoring the systems; analysis and troubleshooting with other Technology resources and vendors to maintain the application health, performance, and availability.
- Alongside key business partners, practicing a questioning attitude in pursuit of an in depth understanding of PowerSecure’s business and its processes, the data they generate or obtain, and how this data can be positioned to simplify access by those who can put the data to work towards new insights and innovative data products.
- Building a reputation and relationships to be trusted as the technical subject matter expert for supported software – business process, data, workflow, and reports.
- Partnering with other areas within the Technology Organization for standards, consulting and other areas of expertise needed for the solution.
- Collaboration with relevant architects to formulate and implement development strategies for Our Fortune 500 Company Client.
- Providing guidance for other Application Developers and Data Analytic Analysts towards our strategy, standards and best practices.
- Providing oversight for the design, development, testing, implementation of software solutions.
The position of Application Developer Sr. requires a high level of technical proficiency in software development tools and techniques; aptitude to understand methods utilized in past development projects, and to sometimes formulate and in other cases apply standards and practices – structures, languages, automation, controls, etc.; proven experience delivering quality software that is resilient, versatile, and easily maintained.
Job Experience & Education:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or another relevant academic discipline
- Six or more years of professional IT experience.
- Three or more years of software development experience.
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex application & data solutions.
- Experience succeeding in a fast-paced, competitive information technology organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of the following software development technologies:
- Microsoft C# and the .NET framework, including .Net Core, Entity Framework & MVC
- Deep experience working with either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture, web service security and data integration provisioning
- Experience utilizing Python data science toolsets and libraries – PySpark, Pandas, PyODBC, etc.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Partner with business and technology subject matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into software solutions.
- The ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology, software, data, information & analytics.
- The ability to build a comprehensive understanding of and strategically connect the needs of multiple PowerSecure business areas.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills with the ability to tailor communication as appropriate for the audience.
- Capable of building productive relationships with teammates and business partners focused on collaboration and timely solutions for customers.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and capable of managing time and priorities to effectively respond to emerging needs and meet upcoming deadlines and commitments.
- Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups. A demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of application development practices and enterprise design.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, solving problems and providing solutions for business partners that are self service oriented including educating users on benefits, influencing and ensuring adoption
- Capable of identifying and implementing technical and business orientated process improvements.
- Familiar with modern software development, source control and change management methodologies.
- The ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and a willingness to take principled bets on new technology.
- The ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate data & software development standards to meet business requirements and to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company.
- Strong customer service skills with the capability to manage expectations, fulfill commitments and meet project deadlines.
- Takes personal ownership of career development, maintaining relevant technical expertise.
- Opportunistic Drive - Committed to delivering technology solutions that help Our Fortune 500 Company Client achieve their business imperatives and driven to identify opportunities to do so within the solutions, information and data we’re stewards of.
- Positive Can-Do Attitude – Must be willing to take full responsibility for duties and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Self-Starter – Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
- Results-Oriented – Acts with speed and decisiveness; takes initiative does what it takes to meet commitments.
- Safety Focused – Accepts responsibility for the safety of yourself and co-workers.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques in the market; Looks for opportunities improve through strategy and innovation.
This job description does not, nor is it intended to represent an exhaustive listing of all duties, tasks or responsibilities for the position listed. Based upon individual experience and team work load, responsibilities are assigned in varying degrees.
- Click on the "Apply Now" button or email your resume and other credentials to MPN Diversity Recruiters at firstname.lastname@example.org.