Denver's Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure, and services. We employ a culture of safety throughout the department to strengthen workplace health and organizational performance. For more information, please visit the DOTI Website
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is responsible for budgeting, accounting, and procurement activities. The Office is responsible for establishing an analytical framework for the Department and ensuring an environment with strong internal controls.
DOTI’s Commitment to Equity:
- DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets, and people of the city with the greatest need through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
- DOTI’s culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results
Finance and Administration has an opening for a Deputy Director of Finance. Job duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with the Director of Finance and Administration, the Deputy Director will lead the modernization of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO).
- Lead the data collection and validation during the annual budget process.
- Define, build, and instill a culture of analytics across the department that drives financial stewardship, promotes operating with discipline, and facilitates meeting department and citywide financial goals (this includes finding new technology solutions for the OCFO that allows the OCFO teams to better analyze data and create forecasting models).
- Independently perform quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on a diverse range of complex projects, programs, and initiatives, culminating with recommendations to department CFO and other executives.
- Serve as the financial lead on new projects, initiatives, and Mayoral/Legislative mandates.
- Lead financial modeling efforts for the department, including identification of tools to drive both analysis and process efficiencies.
- Partner with the Finance Director, the CFO, and executive management on business strategy and defining impacts of execution, to include providing financial subject matter expertise to department and city leadership.
- Build, establish and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Drive collaboration across divisions and/or departments using influencing and communication skills.
- Determine and process improvements with a financial impact across the division and department, including collaboration with other agencies where synergies may exist.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be intellectually curious and dedicated to delivering results.
- Be able to work independently across business units.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Have time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage several initiatives at once.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have prior experience leading a diverse multi-fund and multi-divisional budget process is required.
- Be dedicated to DOTI’s culture and equity commitments.
- Hold one of the following: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Government Financial Manager, or Certified Public Financial Officer.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field based on a specific position(s).
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Education & Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Driver's License at the time of application.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.