Vice President of Student Services
NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.
The Vice President for Student Services leads the administration and delivery of all student service staff, their oversight and management at the Bentonville Campus and Washington County Center. Areas include but are not limited to admissions, enrollment registration services, student support services, and student life including athletics. The Vice President also works with the College leadership team to develop and advance strategic initiatives and serves on the President’s Cabinet. This position reports directly to the President.
- Develop budgets to support required learner services and monitor an estimated $4,000,000 budget annually; Monitor distribution of keys and security access for the Division of Student Services facilities. Develop and present to Cabinet annually the student scholarship and work study budgets.
- Lead and supervise the following areas: Learning Resources, Enrollment/Registration Services, and Student Success Services. Ideally, The Vice President should have working knowledge of Banner Information System applications and/or Workday applications in order to make decisions on processes and procedures.
- Monitor Learner Services area policies and procedures to reduce college liability.
- Exercise critical thinking and effective decision-making practices with the review of student discipline cases, student appeals on refunds, reinstatement, admission fee waivers, and other appeals as necessary.
- Provide effective and meaningful development opportunities for Student Services Deans, AVP and Executive Directors; in collaboration with Learner Services Deans, develop and support staff development opportunities.
- Collaborate effectively with the VP for Learning, VP for Workforce Education, and Marketing staff to develop and meet the College’s enrollment management goals for recruitment, retention, and completion.
- Lead the College’s efforts to develop, deliver, measure, and monitor the College’s enrollment management and student success goals and initiatives. Collaborate with staff from Institutional Research and Institutional Effectiveness to establish measurements and identify research/data necessary to support decision-making.
- Serve as a member of the College’s Leadership and Management Team including the President’s Cabinet. Serve as a colleague to the VP for Learning and VP for Workforce Education while reporting directly to the President.
- Provide leadership for Student Services staff and collaborate with Academic Deans, faculty, and others to advance existing, and newly developed learner services as needed by the students.
- Provide oversight to maintain compliance with all learner service requirements by the Higher Learning Commission, the Arkansas Division of Higher Education, the U.S. Department of Education, and other agencies as required. Collaborate with the College’s Risk Management team to protect College interests and reduce liability risks.
- Administer and monitor in collaboration with Deans the annual staff evaluation processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside constituencies such as area school districts, other college personnel, leaders and staff from other state agencies and private organizations. Represent the Division to the external community; serve on state and regional committees advancing service to students; develop and maintain effective relationships with ADHE representatives, business and community leaders, area K-12 superintendents, and others as needed.
- Provide leadership and guidance for resolving all division personnel and discipline related issues. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Human Resources and Academic Deans, faculty, and staff.
- Provide effective service to the College’s academic mission by leading and serving on College committees. Collaborate with other College leaders to advance strategic initiatives.
- Develop leadership succession planning as part of the College’s organizational continuity plan.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Rate of pay: $98,000 annualized
Master’s Degree required. 10+ years related experience and/or training.
Doctor of Education (EdD).
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2722588