Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt - Non-Represented
This position provides support, knowledge and expertise to the Human Resources department with emphasis on Talent Acquisition, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Employee Relations.
- Provide support to the Employment Division by screening candidates, conducting phone screens and scheduling interviews.
- Assist with the credentialling of candidates including work verifications, criminal background reports, preemployment testing and verification of driving eligibility.
- Ensure recruitment and retention strategies are focused on equity and building a diverse workforce.
- Ensure hiring managers avoid bias, promote equitable practices, and invest in upholding the organization’s mission with clear DEI objectives and outcomes.
- Provide support to the Employee Relations Division by assisting the grievance process by processing forms, record keeping, participate in hearings, offer guidance and advice to decision makers as well as edit decision documents.
- Assist with investigations of discharges and resignations.
- Provides guidance, strategy and support for labor and employee relations through complaint investigations and the grievance process.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required. Related Human Resources experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in full cycle recruitment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of human resources administration trends and best practices, recruiting, leave management, labor relations, classification, and employee development.
- Knowledge of labor laws and applicable regulations.
- Knowledge of MCTS operations.
- Skilled in computer operations and spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Work is frequently conducted in an office or similar indoor environment relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Incumbent may sometimes be in a street, warehouse, shop or operating station environment or exposed to hostile or irate individuals, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Physical requirements are those described are those described as sedentary work exerting 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently.
Effective November 30, 2021, Milwaukee County Transit System will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.