Digital Communications Specialist
Job Locations: Janesville, WI
Req No.: 2021-1740
Type: Full-time, Administrative
Anticipated Placement: USD $45,500.00/Yr. - USD $56,900.00/Yr.
Close Date: 1/3/2022
Targeted Job Start Date: February 2022
Position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing BTC web presence, under the direction of the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications. Position will be responsible for implementing web and digital strategies that enhance Blackhawk Technical College’s internal and external presence, including a priority focus on the College’s website, student portal, and intranet.
- Manage, maintain, and update the College website, student portal, and intranet, ensuring exceptional usability experiences and compliance with federal and state accessibility guidelines.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the overall web strategy and lead Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts.
- Collaborate with College partners and Marketing Department teammates to create content for the website, student portal, and intranet that supports the College’s internal and external communication plans.
- Develop, design, and optimize digital marketing campaigns in a thoughtful and scalable manner across multiple channels, in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Maintain and report web analytics to track trends, lead generation efforts, and campaign results. Proactively determine ways to increase web presences.
- Evaluate digital content on the College’s website, student portal, and intranet to ensure integrity, timeliness, and strategic plan alignment.
- Utilize the Marketing Department’s project management system to coordinate and track digital content and follow up on requests.
- Provide applicable training and guidance for end-users of the College’s website, student portal, and intranet.
- Document and maintain processes for digital systems (web, portal, internet, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison to the ITS department for infrastructure requirements and issues related to web systems, including resolving technical issues and working on upgrades.
- Provide backup for social media posting.
- Collaborate and assist in the planning and execution of photography and videography projects.
- Serve as an engaged, collaborative member of the Marketing and Communications team.
- Participate in department meetings, committees, and official College functions.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the mission of the College
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Skilled in working with content management and having knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, responsive web design, and web accessibility guidelines.
- Understanding of communications and interactive marketing, including web development, web metrics, SEO, SEM, PPC, and other digital advertising tools.
- Strong written communication skills in a variety of prose styles, including writing for web and social media.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in communications, IT, marketing or related field or an Associate Degree with an equivalent combination or work experience.
- Two years of work experience within digital marketing/communications.
- Two years of work experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2678337
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Blackhawk Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, or age in employment, admissions or its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to manage inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer, 6004 S County Road G, P.O. Box 5009, Janesville, WI 53547-5009, (608) 757-7796 or (608) 757-7773, WI Relay: 711.