Job Title: Senior Recruiter (Human Resources Analyst II) - Limited Duration
Closing Date/Time: MONDAY 12/06/21 11:59 PM PST
Salary: $66,872.00 - $111,238.00 Annually
Job Type: Limited Duration
Location: 1120 SW 5th Ave, OR
Bureau: OMF-Bureau of Human Resources
The Bureau of Human Resources is seeking a Senior Recruiter (Human Resources Analyst II) - Limited Duration.
These positions may convert to Regular status if budget funding is approved.
The Senior Recruiter (Human Resources Analyst II) is a member of the Workforce Recruitment & Training (WRT) team. The incumbent performs strategic and innovative professional work in one or more assigned functional areas of human resources management. The Senior, Human Resources Analyst, builds strong relationships with bureau leadership, in order to effectively provide professional advice and counsel to City managers, supervisors and employees. This requires performing their responsibilities with a significant degree of independence and application of professional experience and judgment. A Senior Recruiter may participate in training of other professional and support staff.
What you'll get to do:
- Designs and implements proactive employee full cycle recruitment strategies, including partnering with members of the EO team and bureaus to forecast recruitment needs;
- Participates and develops outreach recruitment initiatives, including passive recruitment channels to obtain qualified candidates and build talent pipelines;
- Develops energetic and creative job announcements, advertisements and other recruitment materials;
- Engaging candidates to resolve questions, complaints and appeals;
- Researches and recommends changes to recruitment processes to streamline recruitment processes across the City;
- Monitors effectiveness of various recruitment approaches;
- Supports efforts to create and leverage the City's brand as an employer of choice;
- Completes candidate screening and phone interviews;
- Builds and directs bureau interviewing process, as needed;
- Interprets policies, procedures, regulations and labor contract provisions for managers, staff and the public;
- Provides career counseling to City employees; informs employees of career development and promotional and educational opportunities;
- Assists in the development of strategies for meeting bureau challenges; assesses and recommends plans to meet bureau short and long-term strategic needs;
- Conducts a variety of special projects, as directed.
The Senior Recruiter - Police (Human Resources Analyst II) is a member of the Workforce Recruitment & Training (WRT) team assigned to the Portland Police Bureau. The incumbent performs strategic and innovative professional work to actively recruit and identify quality candidates for Police Bureau vacancies. Employees in this class must be able to perform work without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment.
What you'll get to do:
- Attends job fairs, networking events, and other events to actively recruit potential Police Bureau applicants.
- Communicates with applicants regarding job requirements and employment process.
- Schedules and conducts applicant interviews and off-site testing with designated personnel.
- Collaborates with managers to develop equitable job announcements and intentional outreach plans.
- Evaluates applicants based on City, Bureau and State of Oregon Standards.
- Recommends quality candidates for hiring process to the Chief of Police and/or their designees.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to the background screening process and/or investigative techniques and resources necessary for proper background screening.
- Participates in or conducts special projects, studies and/or research pertaining to background investigations and hiring practices.
For more information or to apply for the job, please visit our website: