Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager (Manager I)
Closing Date/Time: MONDAY 12/06/21 11:59 PM PST
Salary: $84,656.00 - $148,138.00 Annually
Job Type: Regular
Location: 421 SW 6th Ave Suite 500, OR
Bureau: Portland Housing Bureau
The Portland Housing Bureau is seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager (Manager I).
About the position:
This position is the primary financial management position in the Portland Housing Bureau. It develops and implements bureau-wide financial policies, procedures, and schedules. The Financial and Accounting Manager produces the bureau-wide financial forecast and provides financial input on bureau policy decisions. The position plans, develops, and implements budget monitoring and reporting of bureau program budgets.
This position manages the bureaus Finance and Accounting Team. It plans staff work schedules, deadlines, workflow, and collaboration. It provides leadership, direction, and support to the team, including mentoring for staff education and improvement. The position develops and organizes performance expectations, determining team goals and standards, and evaluates team performance.
What you'll get to do:
- Staff Management: Lead a team of seven (7) professionals. Monitor team performance in accordance with the bureaus vision and goals.
- Budget Development & Monitoring: Plans, organizes, coordinates, supervises and conducts complex financial, budgetary or management studies relating to bureau budget including bond programs. Identifies problems, determines analytical techniques including statistical and information-gathering processes and obtains necessary information and data for analysis. Analyzes alternatives and implements solutions. Discusses findings with management. Prepares reports of study conclusions. Develops implementation plans and implements policies and procedures.
- Loan Servicing & Compliance - Instruct staff regarding development of policies and procedures. Recommend conveyances and write-offs to bureau director. Conduct complex operational and organizational studies of financial systems. Analyzes and researches alternatives for improving the system.
- Grant Management Guidance regarding timelines, process, compliance (including set-ups, billings, and close-outs). Instruct staff regarding development of policies and procedures. Directs analyses of grants and ensures all legal and statutory requirements are addressed. Reviews related reports.
- Bureau Financial Management Develops and implements bureau-wide financial policies, procedures, and schedules. Produces the bureau-wide financial forecast and provides financial input on bureau policy decisions. Plans, develops, and implements budget monitoring and reporting of bureau program budgets.
As a person, you are:
- Collaborative: An outgoing professional who values partnership and develops and supports relationships to get things done.
- Solutions Oriented: A person who possesses and uses strong communication skills to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to create, implement, document solutions, and problem solve.
- An Equitable Leader: Experience leading and mentoring people and creating and maintaining an inclusive, respectful and culturally responsive workplace.
- Someone who Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): Someone who embraces anti-racist approaches through intentional partnership, self-awareness, and action, showing cultural humility, advocacy, and mindfulness. Someone who understands the importance of using DEI concepts to guide and inform your work.
- Emotionally Intelligent: A person who is motivated, passionate, team-oriented, and empathetic, and works to create the same characteristics in their Team.
Although not required, you may have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in management, finance, accounting, business administration, public administration or related field.
- Management experience working for a public agency.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience developing, implementing and managing programs, projects, and/or personnel functions with an organization unit.
- Two (2) years in a supervisory role.
Applicant must also:
- Possess a valid state driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per City/State mandate or have an approved exception by date of hire.
For more information or to apply for the job, please visit our website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/3313711/finance-and-accounting-manager-manager-i?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs