*Starting Rate: $18.50/hour*
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist will provide psychiatric rehabilitative interventions to a group of people receiving support. In addition, the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner will assist in the coordination of services within the interdisciplinary team as well as collateral contacts.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Responsible for the delivery of services, interventions and coordination of other services to achieve client goals, and ensuring a safe home like environment. Provide individualized and group support and supervision to persons served. Maintain ongoing constructive and productive communications with agency staff and outside service providers.
- Identify and address community integration issues for persons served.
- Participate in the development of the treatment plan and attend other treatment meetings.
- Perform interventions with program participants that address their identified goals and result in skill development.
- Provide transportation to program participants as connected to treatment needs.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Communicate program participant’s progress, status, and any changes in daily notes, monthly submission of progress notes and submission treatment plans.
- Ensure that the client’s rehabilitative treatment and clinical records meet Rehab Option Standards.
- Ensure all paperwork, reports, trainings are up to date and completed within the Divisions expected timelines.
- Maintain professional, pleasant, approachable and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or High School Diploma and two years’ related experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and as well as work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task. Advanced analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.