Starting Rate: $17/hour / $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
The Day Services Skills Instructor will provide developmental skills training through recreational and therapeutic services, as well as community integration to foster a learning environment. The Skills Instructor is responsible for the health and safety of individuals and the implementation of each individual supported Day Habilitation Service plans.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Assist individuals to identify and develop goals and plans to address any concerns, wants or needs.
- Provide ongoing support, through personal care, guidance and role modeling for individuals.
- Collaborates with the Case Manager to provide developmental skills training including training in self-care, self-preservation, receptive and expressive communication, self direction, activities of daily living, hygiene, grooming and first aid.
- Collaborates with case manager to create and implement a comprehensive written therapeutic service plan (DHSP) for all assigned individuals.
- Complete all documentation which supports DHSP plan.
- Initiate a proactive approach towards focusing on individual advocacy, empowerment, and community integration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree and one year of experience in a training program for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Strongly prefer that a candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills with individuals, families, funding sources, consultants, the community at large, program and administrative team.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a team and perform job duties with minimal supervisory intervention.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license. Must have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport individuals.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)
Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.