Cal Performances is seeking a Social Media and Digital Content Specialist.
The Social Media and Digital Content Specialist works at the direction of the Associate Director of Communications to produce, schedule, and deploy Cal Performances’ original content across all owned media platforms, including writing and editing, graphic production for social media and web, web and mobile content, video content and project management of larger-scale content production projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
PRODUCTION AND DEPLOYMENT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Under the direction and supervision of the Associate Director of Communications, produces content on Cal Performances’ social media channels, including writing posts, uploading videos, creating graphic content, and soliciting, coordinating and editing contributions from other Cal Performances units.
- Under direction of Associate Director of Communications, schedules and deploys social media content across all Cal Performances platforms. Includes usage of social media management software such as Hootsuite to schedule and arrange for deployment in advance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure content reflects the Cal Performances brand and creative standards.
- When necessary, attend performances, special events, and other artist- and campus-related activities to capture social media content.
- Coordinates with Media Relations Manager and the artists management social media contact in advance of the performance to plan and execute artist-specific social media activities.
- Monitors, responds if necessary, and reports on engagement on Cal Performances social media platforms.
- Utilizing Google Analytics and the social platforms data insights, analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of posts and content to maximize results.
CONTENT PRODUCTION AND DEPLOYMENT FOR WEB AND MOBILE PLATFORMS
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Communications and working in conjunction with the digital and web team, produces, traffics and deploys content for Cal Performances’ websites and mobile platforms as needed, including writing and posting blog posts, creating graphic content, uploading videos and photos, and soliciting coordinating and editing contributions from other Cal Performances units and outside contributors as directed.
- Project manages production and trafficking of select video content, including acting as liaison with outside contracted vendors and managing the uploading of content to Cal Performances’ YouTube and Vimeo channels.
- Supervises student assistants who also work to create content for social media and the web. Trains students and staff at large on social media protocol and baseline content production skills. Acts as editor and gatekeeper for all student work posted to public digital platforms.
- Excellent demonstrated writing and editing skills across a wide variety of channels.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of concepts and principles of social media and marketing, including significant experience working on the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current on social media best practices, and advise on adoption of new platforms and channels as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Premiere (or other video editing software), Acrobat; HTML, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint; WordPress (or other CMS).
- Knowledge of website best practices, including UI (user interface design), UX (user experience design), writing for SEO.
- Broad base experience and knowledge of the business of performing arts, including organizations, trends and performing artists in music, dance, and theater.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently, as part of a team and with large numbers of people in various areas of organizational responsibility.
- Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously in various stages of development, and to effectively develop, implement and coordinate long-range departmental goals.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines, utilizing excellent organizational skills, time management efficiency and careful attention to details.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to manage and delegate responsibility to student employees, interns, volunteers and contracted vendors such as photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and writers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu/ (search by the Job ID #25875) or go to https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=25875&PostingSeq=1