At Healio, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate the presence of Healio in the marketplace. As a member of the Customer Marketing team, our Marketing Strategist will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media) and work closely with the entire team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. The most successful candidate will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
- Continually raise the bar on creativity and strategy, by developing unique ideas and writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Ability to develop and implement a social media strategy
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Create original content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (creative campaigns, social media, white papers, press releases, and corporate announcements)
- Collaborate with members of the team and others throughout the company to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Research and understand our needs and target audiences through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
The Wyanoke Group is the holding company for Healio, Healio Live, Healio Strategic Solutions, SLACK Incorporated, and Vindico Medical Education. From medical journals, newspapers and textbooks to websites and live events, it is our mission to deliver the highest quality information, education, and communications to customers around the world.
The Wyanoke Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or disability.
The Wyanoke Group strives to instill a positive culture, an environment that encourages collaboration and learning from one another. The Wyanoke Group recognizes the great people that allow us to accomplish great things.
And those same people who contribute to the success of our business every day are equally as committed to serving others in our community. The Wyanoke Group enjoys doing its part through charitable fundraisers, sponsorships and events.