Lecture Capture Coordinator
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general direction of the Director, Instructional Technology the Lecture Capture Coordinator supports the faculty in all aspects of synchronous and asynchronous lecture delivery and recording. This incumbent supports academic technology integration and innovation for the university, working in partnership with other teams.
- Provides technical support to faculty with technology integrations into the curriculum and innovates new ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of instructional delivery.
- Creates and provides training materials and experiences face to face and online for faculty.
- Provides user consultation, training and assistance on a variety of instructional, multi-media and emerging technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3yFa6ed
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field. Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis.
- Equivalent to six months of full-time computing experience which includes knowledge of relevant hardware, software, maintenance, and user support.
- Experience with instructional design, educational technology and learning management systems is preferred.
- Experience working in a higher education setting is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems. Functional knowledge of Canvas, Zoom and other synchronous conferencing technology, desirable.
- Proficiency in creating user documentation and maintaining a knowledge base of technical information - both in written and multimedia formats. Experience creating graphics and multimedia content using Microsoft and Adobe software applications.
- Ability and specialized skills to: recognize technology problems and offer reasonable solutions; solve common problems or problems which have precedent solutions; organize projects and work within timeframes and deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; ability to effectively present ideas, explain problems, and recommend solutions orally and in writing; actively participate as a team member by meeting assigned deadlines, listening to ideas of others, and acting on expressed needs; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 0420 / Info Tech Consultant
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3470 -$4025, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3470 -$6681 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- Applications received through September 15, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: http://www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2505026
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.