At Bio-Rad, our mission is to provide useful, high-quality products and services that advance scientific discovery and improve healthcare. Be part of a team developing the next-generation fully-automated diagnostic instrument for clinical laboratories.
- Work with internal and external chemistry, software, and engineering groups to collaboratively plan, design and implement software using SCRUM methodology in a sprint-based approach (design, task, implement, and test).
- Use Microsoft Azure DevOps to plan and manage development tasks, estimation, project backlog, and capacity planning.
- Perform and respond to peer code reviews in multiple programming languages.
- Document work both with in-code comments, and with a combination of generated and hand-crafted documentation.
- Work with and support SQA in their role of testing, verifying and validating software modules.
- Participate in collaborative communication and open discussion of design and implementation approaches, discussing pros/cons with stakeholders and team members.
- Spend a small percentage of time providing support and maintenance for existing devices.
- Utilize a mixture of C#, .NET, AutoFac, PowerShell, T-SQL, InnoSetup, GIT, and more during development.
- Aid stakeholders develop requirements by providing technical analysis of requirements implementation impact and provide suggestions for modification of requirements given business scenarios.
- Take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with the larger team.
- Be proficient in C#, .NET Core and/or 5.0, T-SQL, and GIT.
- Have 5+ years of industry experience developing software.
- Be able to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- Have a good understanding of software best practices, development, test and deployment methodologies, and a variety of software tools.
- Have a good understanding of source-control techniques and practices.
- Have strong analytical abilities and an architect mindset.
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Be open to working with other operating systems and new technology stacks.
- We encourage applicants who do not meet all of these ideal characteristics, but have a solid software development background, and an enthusiastic desire toward learning new skills, to apply.
- Highly desirable candidates will also have:
- Be proficient in WPF.
- Be comfortable working with multiple technologies across the full-stack of an application (UI, business layer, configuration, database).
- Experience working with Unix-based systems and technologies.
- Application build configuration and automated deployment experience using the Azure DevOps (TFS) Build and Release features.
- Experience working in a highly-regulated (e.g. FDA) environment, and/or Medical Device experience.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2480788
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.