This position is non-supervisory and located in the CIOO, under the Chief Data Officer (CDO). The incumbent serves as a Senior It Specialist, providing leadership and strategic-level expertise in enterprise data, cloud data management and analytics, data strategy, and artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI/ML).
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Provides ongoing leadership for FDIC Center of Excellence/Community of Practice enterprise data and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML). Possesses expertise on matters pertaining to data strategy, data governance, data architecture, data management, data analytics, and cloud data modernization best practices.
- Responsible for developing strategies, governance, architectures, and technologies that support modern, cloud-based, foundational, data management and data analytic, and artificial intelligence & machine learning (AI/ML) capabilities and ensures a holistic, enterprise approach is taken that enables the FDIC and IT organization to become more agile, innovative, and responsive to business needs.
- Work collaboratively with FDIC business and IT stakeholders across the corporation in developing holistic, effective and responsive data-related strategies, architectures, data ecosystems and technologies to meet the corporations current and future business objectives and creating a culture where FDIC’s data becomes an enterprise-level resource.
- Leads investment preparation and decision-making process, advocating for investments that are material to data strategy and business objective achievement. As required, creates business case, total cost of ownership (TCO) for new, modern, cloud-based data-related initiatives and programs.
- Leads FDIC research, ideation, experimentation, planning and implementation: cloud based data and analytics, and artificial intelligence / machine learning initiatives where data, data analytics, governance, capabilities and strategy insights are needed.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required.