Lead Senior IT Specialist (Security) (Lead Incident Response Coordinator (IRC)), CG-2210-15 (Permanent)
CIOO/OCISO/Enterprise Security Center Section
Vacancies: 1 (one)
Opening Date: August 19, 2021
This position is located in the Division of Information Technology, Security Protection Engineering Section (ISPS) of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. ISPS provides enterprise-wide information security and privacy programs that assure integrity, confidentiality, and availability of corporate information.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
At the full performance level, major duties include:
- Serves as senior policy expert for monitoring and incident response operations and ensures policies and procedures are integrated into FDIC operations and business processes.
- Leads monitoring and incident operations to include monitoring, detection, response, containment, remediation, communication, policies, and procedures in compliance with DHS, NIST, and OMB guidelines
- Oversight of incident process flow and response, containment and remediation, and partners with other incident response personnel throughout the federal government in maintaining an understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact networks and assets.
- Assembles and coordinates response teams and third-party vendors to resolve incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible and conducts root cause analysis to identify gaps and makes recommendations to ultimately remediate risks to the Corporation.
- Serves as team lead and provides operational oversight by identifying, distributing, and balancing workloads while articulating team work assignments in support of program strategic objectives.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.