IT Specialist, CG-2210-13 (Permanent)
CIOO/DIT/APDB - Receivership & Resolution Services Section
Vacancies: 2 (two)
Opening Date: August 19, 2021
This position is located in the Application Platforms and Delivery Branch and serves as a technical lead and manages the software development of multiple medium to high cost, medium to high impact, and/or medium to high complexity large scale IT Software Projects or assigned automated information systems (AISs) to support business customer needs.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- Serves as a technical lead and manages the software development of multiple medium to high cost, medium to high impact, and/or medium to high complexity large scale IT Software Projects or assigned automated information systems (AISs) to support business customer needs. As a technical authority, solves significant problems complicated by interfaces and interrelationships between and among programs, systems functions, policies, and numerous critical issues.
- Plans, organizes, and directs extensive application development efforts for teams engaged in broad programs of applied software research and development.
- Provides consultation and recommendations to organizational components of the FDIC in the establishment of new or improved information systems and/or applications software. Researches emerging technologies and advises managers and customers on software and/or hardware needs, on new technology, and recommends modifications to current software and/or hardware that enhances or improves the corporation’s ability to accomplish mission-critical program activities.
- Analyzes software and/or hardware problems and provides solutions. Solves a wide range of complex operational and support problems to meet customer requirements. Draws upon multiple IT specialties in order to accomplish complex tasks.
- Coordinates and provides technical software/hardware program guidance and direct technical support to the employees engaged in development of system and subsystems.
- Architects, Designs and Develops software applications.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.